Wednesday, February 14, 2018The world of web development has evolved at a fascinating pace over the past 15 years. I still remember having developed around 2001 a CGI-bin based WAP pages server application, a solution that is these days not only completely irrelevant (anyone still knows what WAP and CGI-bin is?) but technically fully outdated.
While the strength of Delphi (and thus the Pascal language) was originally in Windows desktop applications and from 2011 in cross platform native desktop and mobile applications, developing web applications was always a kind of side-affair for Delphi developers. Many Delphi developers as such also looked over the fence at other solutions to create web applications.
Wouldn't it be a dream come true that Delphi/Pascal developers could also reach out to this platform? At TMS software we always felt this lacking over the past years.
TMS RADical WEB is the umbrella name under which several web enabled products will be created and offered by TMS software and it is built upon a couple of fundamental pillars:
- Component based RAD development integrated in the Delphi IDE
- Standard component framework for common UI controls and access to browser features
- A truly revolutionary & innovative TMS FNC component framework that is now also web enabled, allowing to create UI controls that can be used on VCL, FMX, LCL and WEB!
- Binding to server data via microservices with seamless interfacing to server data via TMS XData
- Binding to cloud services
The first building block under the TMS RADical WEB umbrella is TMS WEB Core. TMS WEB Core offers the full RAD integration in the Delphi IDE of standard components, compiler & form designer. The next block is TMS FNC UI controls that are web-enabled. Third is TMS XData extended with a web XData client. As a first step to bring TMS RADical WEB to you, will be the delivery of a technical preview of TMS WEB Core, TMS FNC UI Controls for web and TMS XData with web client to our TMS ALL-ACCESS customers. Our TMS ALL-ACCESS customers sit as such in a first-class seat to experience this exciting new route to web development and influence the further fine-tuning with feedback, requests, comments. After this initial period, TMS WEB Core will then also become widely available to all customers.
Over the coming days, I'll give a deeper insight in each of these pillars of TMS RADical web. Watch this blog space! Every day we will have a new blog about our new web development products.
Coming blog articles are:
- RAD web development from the Delphi IDE
- Proud to announce a revolutionary & innovative UI control set that is TMS FNC
- Connecting to data
- Using HTML & CSS for design & layout of your application pages
- Using common web functionality & consuming cloud services
- Debugging your code
- History, team behind TMS RADical WEB and future
My colleague dr. Holger Flick, Embarcadero MVP brings it all together here:
Get started today: Technical previews of TMS WEB Core, TMS FNC UI web-enabled controls, web-enabled TMS XData, the first parts under the TMS RADical WEB umbrella are exclusively available now for all active TMS-ALL-ACCESS customers.
This blog post has received 21 comments.
Previous | Next | Index