TMS FlexCel for VCL & FMX
Powerful, extensive & flexible component suite for native Excel report & file generation & manipulation for VCL & FireMonkey
- FlexCel for VCL / FireMonkey is a suite of Delphi components allowing to manipulate Excel files. It includes an extensive API allowing to natively read/write Excel files. If you need to read or create complex spreadsheets, on Windows or macOS on machines without Excel installed, Flexcel can do the job.
- Support for cross platform use: Win32, Win64, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux
- 100% Native support for creating Excel .XLS, .XLSX, .XLSM file formats (Excel 97 - Excel 2021)
- 100% Native support for reading Excel 2 - Excel 2021 files
- 100% Native PDF report generation from .XLS/.XLSX files (PDF/A 1, 2 and 3 support)
- 100% Native support for previewing and printing .XLS/.XLSX files
- Fully standards compliant HTML 5 file generation from .XLS/.XLSX files
- Export .XLS & .XLSX files to SVG
- Report Engine that allows to create complex reports using Excel as your report designer, so your final users can modify them. You can use images/comments/conditional formats/merged cells/pivot tables/charts and almost anything you can think of on those reports
- Support for formula recalculation supporting over 300 Excel functions
- ApiMate tool for automatically showing needed Delphi/C++ code for generating specific .XLS/.XLSX file cells with Flexcel
- Templates can be embedded inside your exe. No additional files to distribute
- Can write images/comments/conditional formats/merged cells/pivot tables/charts and almost the complete Excel feature set in native mode
- Designed from start to make full use of modern Delphi features like records with methods or generics.
- Also available as a fully managed .NET library
- Fully documented. FlexCel has a documentation center with guides, tips, full reference for every method and more than 50 working examples to help you get started.
ScreenshotsReading an XLSX file with Flexcel with the "Reading Files" example, showing contents of a cell as HTML:
Getting started demo running on Windows 7
Excel .XLSX file generated from a FireMonkey app running on macOS Lion with Excel 2011
ApiMate tool showing needed Delphi code to generate cells in an .XLSX file
TMS Grid BridgesFree interface between TMS VCL, FMX, FNC Grids and TMS Flexcel to provide import/export capabilities to .XLS & .XLSX, .PDF formats.
Single Developer License Site License
What our customers say
We had a very positive Flexcel talk in our meeting yesterday. Dave Martel was very positive about the product; the support; speed to fix an issue. By doing the talk he realised improvements over the years and has an amazing success story from analysing a large number of human created spreadsheets (1000’s of spreadsheets with 1000’s of readings). The speed of analysis allowed them to refine and re-train the importer to deal with human vagaries (comments / colour etc).
Wow, I'm really impressed that you found this out in such a short time! Thanks especially for testing it with Softmaker Office itself and with some more elaborate spreadsheets, this makes me confident that it'll work with the "real life" files that I have to handle. Super service!
It's now very easy to build a report with the new Flexcel + Aurelius integration. It was so easy that I really thought I was doing something wrong. I will never go back to a report generator, Flexcel is way cooler and easier for reports
Another vote for Flexcel here, since the rewritten and updated Flexcel came out a year or two ago, I only use that. Mostly I use it to read XLS and XLSX files, which it does much faster and more flexibly than Excel automation, in my experience. If you also need to write XLS and XLSX files (which I do occasionally) Flexcel has the most amazing utility named 'ApiMate'. You can design your output report in Excel, including only a minimum of actual data, but with all the detailed formatting, headings, and column, row and cell properties you need. Then point ApiMate at the Excel file, and it generates a Delphi program to write the entire XLS file using the Flexcel API, with all the attributes matching those you created in Excel itself. It is then the work of a few moments to adapt the ApiMate-created functions to handle your real data. Magic! Flexcel support is prompt and helpful, too.
Thanks for an excellent product. I did have some issues Friday but these were expertly solved by Adrian Gallero over the weekend. I cannot recommend you products and service high enough. Thanks and kind regards