BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
Tuesday, September 08, 2020After an intensive development and beta cycle, we are proud to announce the release of TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code v1.0 today! Visual Studio Code is the 3rd IDE that can host the TMS WEB Core framework for web client application development after the earlier released versions for Delphi and Lazarus. TMS WEB Core offers Object Pascal software developers visual RAD component-based web client development with the strongly typed and object-oriented Pascal language.
TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code brings exciting new capabilities
- WYSIWYG visual designer. The designer is a web view and renders HTML/CSS from controls and/or templates as is in the IDE.
- Cross-platform IDE. TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code runs directly on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Debugging from the IDE. Debugging of applications running in the browser is possible from the Visual Studio Code IDE itself.
- Uses the OmniPascal Visual Studio Code extensions for fast code completion and syntax highlighting.
- Integrated online-help. Press F1 with a component, property or event selected and help shows up in the IDE.
- High-DPI/Retina enabled IDE. Razor sharp code and designer on any screen.
- Optional TMS WEB Core distribution via the Microsoft Visual Studio Code marketplace.
The TMS WEB Core framework used in TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code product is identical to the framework used in the Delphi or Lazarus IDE. This means existing Delphi projects can be opened and worked on from Visual Studio Code and vice versa.
TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code brings an unparalleled web development productivity
- Large number of included visual and non-visual components: With these components, a RAD approach allows you to build solutions fast.
- Visual data-binding: A data-binding mechanism similar to Delphi VCL data-binding enables to hook-up your client application via client datasets to data sent from a REST API based backend quickly.
- Use existing or custom HTML web templates: The Visual Studio Code IDE has built-in strong support for editing HTML/CSS and a vast array of extensions. This adds even more power to it. The visual designer shows the pages as is using the templates.
- Debug using Object Pascal code: All modern debugging capabilities like breakpoints, watches, stepping in code, ... can be done in the Object Pascal code base from the Visual Studio Code IDE.
With this first release, we embark on an exciting adventure with the mission to bring Object Pascal developers a fast, productive, feature-rich, and enjoyable web development experience. Version 1.0 is the first step, and our team is already working on follow-up versions we will release shortly. This includes:
- Built-in PWA project creation support.
- Built-in Electron cross platform desktop application development support.
- Installable 3rd party component support, including full usage of the TMS FNC component offerings.
- New Object Pascal language features support.
- Modern project creation wizards.
- ... and many more
Get in the front seat today
Take a head start now and get TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code at our launch price starting from 295EUR for a single developer license or download and explore this new ground-breaking product using the trial version!
This blog post has received 3 comments.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post