BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
TMS MQTT 2.0 released bringing MQTT v5 protocol support to Delphi usersBookmarks:
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Today, we're excited to announce the release of TMS MQTT v2.0.
After a long development & testing period, we're happy to share this new milestone, the cross-platform MQTT client component for Delphi users supporting the newest MQTT v5.0 protocol along with many other improvements in robustness and performance. With the TMS MQTT client component we take all the underlying complexities of the MQTT protocol out of the hands of Delphi developers. This way, Delphi developers can focus on leveraging strong, reliable and robust messaging between apps via the industry standard MQTT protocol.
As most major MQTT brokers have meanwhile MQTT v5.0 support, now you can take advantage of the new MQTT v5.0 protocol features from our TMS MQTT client component. Note that at the same time, the TMS MQTT client is still compatible with v3.1.1 brokers. The desired MQTT protocol level can be selected via a property on the client.
The new MQTT v5.0 protocol offers significant new features & capabilities:
- Shared subscriptions: share subscriptions to a broker between clients
- Topic aliases: shorten topic strings by using aliases
- User Properties: add a key-value property to the message header
- Payload format indicators: can indicate in the header what the MIME type of content is
Other new features:
- BeginUpdate / EndUpdate block to improve performance of subscribing to large number of topics
- Extended access to underlying protocol details
- Linked online component documentation
A good overview of MQTT v5.0 protocol details and advantages can be found here:
TMS MQTT 2.0 offers a client component for all the platform targets that Delphi & Lazarus support:
- VCL Windows Win32/Win64 apps
- FMX Windows Win32/Win64 apps
- FMX iOS apps
- FMX Android apps
- FMX macOS apps
- FMX Linux apps
- Lazarus LCL Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi apps
If you are not familiar with MQTT, discover here what MQTT does and what it can mean for your applications.
Grab the fully functional free trial version and get started exploring the world of messaging from your Delphi app!
This blog post has not received any comments yet.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post