BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Today, we announce the availability of TMS MQTT 2.0 beta to all active TMS ALL-ACCESS users. As TMS ALL-ACCESS user, login on our website and from the "My Products" page after login on our website, you can obtain TMS MQTT 2.0 beta.
TMS MQTT v2.0 is a big step forward, introducing support for the latest MQTT v5.0 protocol. As most major MQTT brokers have meanwhile MQTT v5.0 support, now you can take advantage of the new MQTT v5.0 protocol features from our TMS MQTT client component. Note that at the same time, the TMS MQTT client is still compatible with v3.1.1 brokers. The desired MQTT protocol level can be selected via a property on the client component.
The new MQTT v5.0 protocol offers significant new features & capabilities such as:
- Shared subscriptions: share subscriptions to a broker between clients
- Topic aliases: shorten topic strings by using aliases
- User Properties: add a key-value property to the message header
- Payload format indicators: can indicate in the header what the MIME type of content is
A good overview of MQTT v5.0 protocol details and advantages can be found here.
TMS MQTT 2.0 offers a client component for all platforms that Delphi & Lazarus support:
- VCL Windows Win32/Win64 apps
- FMX Windows Win32/Win64 apps
- FMX iOS64 apps
- FMX Android 32 & Android 64 apps
- FMX macOS64 apps
- FMX Linux apps
- Lazarus LCL Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi apps
We look forward to all feedback from beta users and we will take all your comments along our path to release of TMS MQTT v2.0.
Our team is listening & thanks in advance!
This blog post has received 4 comments.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post