ORM framework for Delphi with full support for data manipulation, complex and advanced queries, inheritance, polymorphism, and more...
v4.9 (October 27, 2019)Version history
BenefitsAurelius brings all benefits an application can obtain from using an ORM framework:
- Productivity: Avoid complex SQL statements that can only be verified at runtime. Code directly with objects.
It's basically something that prevents you from writing code like this:
Query1.Sql.Text := 'SELECT I.ID AS INVOICE_ID, I.INVOICE_TYPE, I.INVOICE_NO, I.ISSUE_DATE, I.PRINT_DATE, ' + 'C.ID AS CUSTOMER_ID, C.CUSTOMER_NAME, C.SEX, C.BIRTHDAY, N.ID AS COUNTRY_ID, N.COUNTRY_NAME' + 'FROM INVOICE AS I INNER JOIN CUSTOMER AS C ON (C.ID = I.CUSTOMER_ID) ' + 'LEFT JOIN COUNTRY AS N ON (N.ID = C.COUNTRY_ID)' + 'WHERE I.ID = :INVOICE_ID;' Query1.ParamByName('INVOICE_ID').AsInteger := 1; Query1.Open; ShowMessage(Format('Invoice No: %d, Customer: %s, Country: %s', [Query1.FieldByName('INVOICE_NO').AsInteger, Query1.FieldByName('CUSTOMER_NAME').AsString, Query1.FieldByName('COUNTRY_NAME').AsString]));
Invoice := Manager1.Find<TInvoice>(1); ShowMessage(Format('Invoice No: %d, Customer: %s, Country: %s', [Invoice.InvoiceNo, Invoice.Customer.Name, Invoice.Customer.Country.Name]));
- Maintainability: Clearer business logic by dealing with objects, hiding all the database-access layer.
- Portability: Easily change the underlying database - all your business code stays the same since they are just pure objects.
- Several database servers supported (MS SQL Server, Firebird, MySQL, DB2, Interbase, Oracle,...)
- Several database-access components supported (dbExpress, AnyDac, SQLDirect, ADO, IBX,...)
- Multi-platform solution - Win32, Win64, macOS, VCL, FireMonkey
- Saving, updating and loading of entity objects in an object-oriented way
- TAureliusDataSet for easy and fast interfacing to DB-aware controls in VCL
- Multi-model design to allow different mapping models in a single application
- Queries - Powerful query API using criteria expressions, projections, grouping, conditions and even logical operators in a LINQ-like approach
- Inheritance mapping and polymorphism - map a full class hierarchy into the database
- Cross-database development - use a single Delphi code to target multiple databases in a transparent way
- Choose from classes-to-database approach (creating the database structure from classes) or database-to-classes approach (creating classes source code from database, using TMS Data Modeler )
- Mapping directly in classes using custom attributes
- Association mapping
- Lifetime management of objects using object manager
- Cached and identity-mapped objects
- Automatic database structure generation
- Nullable types support
- Lazy loading for associations and blob fields
- Allows logging of SQL commands
- Allows mapping enumerated types to database values
- Open architecture - easy extendable to use different component sets or database servers
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ElevateDB server
- Absolute Database
- Windows 32-Bit
- Windows 64-Bit
Supported Data-Access components
- dbGo (ADO)
- Interbase Express (IBX)
- SQLite - Native Support
- Direct Oracle Access
VideosTMS Aurelius Free Edition, an overview - by Wagner Landgraf
Top 10 Aurelius Features - by Wagner Landgraf
A personal list of favorite features of Wagner Landgraf, the TMS Business product manager.
TestimonialsWagner, I must congratulate with you: I really enjoy reading and watching your posts and videos about TMS Aurelius. First, I appreciate them because they are very specific and up to the point. Second, as a TMS Aurelius user, the more of your post I read, the more I am confident about the choice I have made between TMS Aurelius and "The Others". I love the simplicity of TMS Aurelius: this is the very distinctive trait of it: If you know how to deal with Plain Old Simple Object in Delphi, then you know 80% of TMS Aurelius. And your posts about it, are something I always find very interesting. Thank you so much.
Fabio Vitale, via Blog comment
Congrats, TMS Aurelius is really a nice peace of software... Kudos to the team
Stéphane Wierzbicki, via Delphi Developers community
TMS Aurelius makes my code to be very clean. I can code in pure OOP, not worrying about database persistence or SQL statements, being able to switch connetions and database servers very easily. My development speed has increased significantly.
Carlos Fitl, via email
It's now very easy to build a report with the new Flexcel + Aurelius integration. It was so easy that I really thought I was doing something wrong. I will never go back to a report generator, Flexcel is way cooler and easier for reports.
Eduardo Elias / Yashar software, via email
From what I've seen so far, I think this is going to revolutionize my app development - can't wait to start playing with the features now!
Dave White via TMS Forum
I've played with the trial of Aurelius a bit and I like what I've seen so far (Firebird 2.5 with IBObjects). Especially the way how I can get started with a legacy database is nice. I wouldn't like if Aurelius thinks it needs to be clever when it comes to maintaining the underlaying database for changes due to the technical challenges mentioned above. For sure, Aurelius has potential for being an important part in the Delphi world when writing OO-based database clients.
Thomas Steinmaurer / Firebird Technology Evangelist, via email
TMS Aurelius is really some awesome piece of technology that has been missing from Delphi for years. REALLY good framework that is well thought-through. Believe me, I have had my look at a fair number of ORMs.
Holger Flick via email
for Delphi XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio (Prof/Enterprise/Architect)
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use: Single developer license, Small team license, Site license
- Includes full source code
- Free 1 year updates and new releases
- After 1 year, a 70% discount renewal is offered for a one year extension (offer valid for 30 days)
- Free priority support through email and forum