TMS Data Modeler
The ultimate tool for modeling databases with an easy and simple interface.
v3.2.3 (October 29, 2018)Version history
- Fixed : Project window maximizing automatically in some situations.
- Fixed : Null/NotNull checkbox was disabled for fields associated with logical domains.
- Fixed : SQL Server ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN statement was not including constraint name for default values.
- Fixed : Firebird behavior with domains: size, not null and constraint was not being retrieved from domain.
- New : Support for Interbase 2017
- Fixed : Firebird/Interbase connection was not working in some situations
- Fixed : Error when importing MySQL 8 databases (Table 'mysql.proc' doesn't exist)
- Fixed : Data Modeler version information in VCL Subscription Manager showing incorrect after automatic update.
- Fixed : SQLite database import was wrongly considering SQLite "TEXT" datatype as a (char) blob. Now it's considered as regular string (VARCHAR).
- Fixed : Importing SQLite tables with field names starting with number was raising error.
- New : Database metadata objects available in customization script events.
- Fixed : Connecting to MS SQL Server LocalDB was raising an error "SQL Server does not exist or access is denied"
- Fixed : Exporting descriptions with single quotes to Aurelius classes was generating invalid Pascal code. The single quotes are now duplicated to form valid Pascal strings.
- New : OnUnitGenerated event in TMS Aurelius Export customization script.
- Improved : Table list in Mappings Tab of TMS Aurelius Export Dialog is now sorted in alphabetical order.
- Improved : Added OID type for PostgreSQL databases.
- New : Source code preview in Aurelius export.
- New : Option to export TMS Aurelius classes to several different units.
- New : Modern User Interface.
- New : Model names in TMS Aurelius export.
- New : Customization scripts in TMS Aurelius export.
- Improved : Documentation has received a significant review.
- Fixed : Checkboxes for defining specific default and check constraint were not being enabled correctly.
- Fixed : "Access Violation" error when clicking Exit or double click menu button.
- Fixed : SQL Server primary key constraint ignoring field order (asc/desc)
- Improved : Register entities option checked by default (Aurelius Export)
- Improved : Installers for trial and registered versions now signed to minimize Windows warnings and false antivirus alerts
- Improved : AllButRemove is default option for association cascade type (Aurelius Export)
- Fixed : Data Modeler not appearing as "installed" in TMS Subscription Manager
- New : Firebird 3 support
- Fixed : When generating Aurelius classes, constructor implementation is now calling inherited constructor
- Improved : PostgreSQL support for data types JSON and JSONB
- New : Option to explicitly define the type of the field/property when exporting model to Aurelius classes
- New : Support for PostgresSQL
- New : Zoom tab in ribbon makes it easier to define diagram zoom, zoom to 100% or zoom to fit all
- New : Export to Aurelius allows defining cascade types for associations
- New : Advanced connection options for ElevateDB databases
- Improved : Trigger editor now expands to the whole window area making it easier to write trigger code
- Fixed : Several errors reported by automatic error report (mostly Access Violations in some specific situations)
- New : Diagram navigator allows overview of entire diagram and easy navigation/zooming using navigation cursor
- Improved : Automatic selection of last used connection when importing database structure
- Fixed : Timestamp fields correctly imported from Oracle databases
- Fixed : Rare AV when generating Aurelius classes unit
- Fixed : Oracle reverse engineering was retrieving wrong size for NVarchar2 fields
- Fixed : MySQL reverse engineering was not correctly importing multi-column foreign keys
- Fixed : Import SQLite tables with /*..*/ comments in DDL command
- Fixed : ElevateDB reverse engineering was retriving foreign keys incorrectly when composed of more than one field
- New : Support for ElevateDB Unicode Server (in addition to existing support to ANSI servers)
- Improved : Support for Windows 8
- Improved : ElevateDB server name configuration can accept both IP address and host name
- Improved : Connection settings in NexusDB reverse engineering now displays available servers automatically
- Fixed : Incorrect NexusDB reverse engineering when connecting to 3.10 and 3.11 databases using internal server
- New : TMS Aurelius Export: option to define Sequence attribute for each entity class
- New : Licensing tool which provides a much better, easier way to register Data Modeler
- New : Find toolbar button makes easy to find a table in diagram by name
- New : "Duplicate table" feature available in diagram toolbar button and popup menu in table list
- Improved : Id properties exported to TMS Aurelius are now read-write instead of read-only.
- Improved : Better error message when exporting to Aurelius source code fails due to file system error
- New : Support for TGuid properties and Guid/Uuid generators in Aurelius export
- New : Option to display relationship description/caption in diagram
- Improved : SQLite reverse engineering sets a default size for varchar and decimal data types, when not specified
- Improved : Firebird now differentiates unique indexes from unique constraints
- Improved : Clearer message when updating Data Modeler to avoid confusion with Windows/Data Modeler restart
- Improved : Better error message when trying to use unsupported versions of MySQL server
- Improved : Better detection of Firebird/Interbase database server version
- Fixed : Wrong Alter Table statement in Firebird databases (add non-nullable column)
- Fixed : When adding new trigger, syntax was incorrect for Firebird database
- Fixed : Uncommon error when importing Firebird databases (RDB$DESCRIPTION column unknown)
- Fixed : Script viewer window now being presented correctly in multi-monitor desktops
- Fixed : Multi-line descriptions now handled correctly when exporting to Aurelius classes
- Fixed : Issues with SQLite reverse engineering (incorrect SQL parsing)
- Fixed : Aurelius source generator now generates Int64 properties for database fields of type BIGINT and equivalents
- Fixed : Aurelius exporting foreign key fields that were part of primary key was incorrect when the property name was being changed manually by the user
- Fixed : All reproduceable automatic error reports up to release date
- Fixed : Access Violation in Aurelius source code generator (automatic report)
- New : Support for SQLite 3.7 databases
- New : Option for specifying dynamic properties in class when exporting to TMS Aurelius
- New : Aurelius export now has an option to singularize table names (convert plural table names into singular class names)
- Improved : Project check now checks if fields in a relationship have the same size, besides being of same type
- Improved : Hint for recent files in menu makes it easier to see full file name
- Improved : Better saving of form position and state (maximized/minimized)
- Fixed : Parent and child fields in relationship could have different data types in some cases (varchar with different sizes)
- Fixed : MySQL drop index and drop foreign key statements had incorrect syntax
- Fixed : Issue with ribbon menu when windows is set to use big-sized fonts
- Fixed : Internal issue with having duplicated id's for objects
- Fixed : Duplicated drop constraints in sql server when both default value and constraint default name were changed
- Fixed : Double data types were being imported incorrectly in MySQL
- Fixed : Automatic reports 0001187, 0001162, 0001238
- Fixed : 0001084 [Comparer] Firebird-Merge Function-Stored Procedure-No input parameters generate a header with an integer type but no variable name
- Fixed : 0001083 [Comparer] Firebird - Using Merge Function - Stored Procedure scripts Terminator missing
- Fixed : 0000748 [SQL Script] Check creation order of objects in SQL Script (firebird)
- New : Window to find a table in diagram using Ctrl+F
- New : New diagram popup menu options "All Keys and Indexes" in diagram context menu
- New : Import field descriptions from SQL Server
- New : Export classes to TMS Aurelius framework
- New : Diagram popup menu option to create relationship using selected table
- New : Automatically selects a child field when creating a new relationship if same field name and type as parent
- New : "Find in Diagram" popup menu option in table list makes it easy to find a table in the diagram
- New : "Find field..." option to search for fields in field grid in table editor. Can also use Ctrl+Shift+F
- Improved : Put close button on tabs
- Improved : Deleting a field causes grid flickering and scrolling
- Fixed : Dragging a table to a scrolled or zoomed diagram puts the table at wrong position
- New : Script generation and comparison for object comments (Firebird)
- New : Object comments imported from Firebird databases in reverse engineering
- Fixed : Minor bug fixes
- New : ElevateDB support added
- Fixed : Various smaller improvements & fixes
- New : Support for MS SQL Azure
- New : Check version of database server before perform reverse engineering
- Fixed : Window state not restored when main form is maximized
- New : Persistence of size and position of windows
- New : Option to set text colour on notes.
- New : Option "Select all" in diagram context menu.
- New : Option "Close all except this" in tabs context menu.
- New : Keyboard shortcuts and context options on interface.
- Improved : Resizing of controls in table editor.
- Fixed : Use of NULL/NOT NULL constraints in SQL script for computed columns (SQL Server).
- Fixed : Not null option in child field created automatically for a non-identifying relationship
- Fixed : Issues with suggestion of fields in Child Table when creating a relationship.
- Fixed : Issues with editing of domain fields.
- Fixed : Issues with editing of check constraint fields.
- Fixed : Issues in reverse engineering from MySQL databases.
- Fixed : Issue importing UTF8 defined fields from Firebird databases.
TMS Data Modeler
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use
- Free 2 year updates and new releases
- Free priority support through email and forum