- Studied civil electronic engineering at university of Ghent, Belgium (1987-1992).
- Started a career as R&D digital hardware engineer at Barco Graphics Belgium designing with FPGA, VHDL, graphic processors, PCI, Silicon Graphics add-on boards, high-end printer controllers,...
- Began writing software in Turbo Pascal 3.0 since 1987 and used all Borland Pascal and all Delphi versions since then.
- Founded TMS software in 1996, developing VCL components starting with Delphi 1.
- TMS software became Borland Technology Partner in 1998 and developed Delphi Informant award-winning grid & scheduling components.
- From 2001 IntraWeb component development was started.
- From 2003 ASP.NET component development was started.
- From 2011 FireMonkey cross platform components,targetting Windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
- In 2016, TMS software launched FNC, a framework neutral component architecture enabling to use UI controls in VCL,FMX & LCL apps
- In 2018, TMS software launched TMS WEB Core, a framework for creating rich web clients using ObjectPascal
- Currently doing and managing VCL, FMX, Web, .NET, IoT, LCL, REST, node.js development.
- Is a regular speakers at conferences (Be-Delphi, DelphiTage, ITDevCon, CodeWay Tour, EKON, DevTracks, SDN, ..).
- Available for consulting & custom project development.
- Bruno Fierens was titled Embarcadero MVP since 2012.
- Special area of interest are user interfaces design, UX, RAD software development, hardware/electronics.