BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Today is an exciting day as we reached yet another milestone, this time the release of TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code v1.3.
You are an Object Pascal expert, your customers look out to access your applications everywhere via the web and without any install hassle, you love the RAD component based development methodology, you can do this software development from the operating system you love ... then having a look at TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code v1.3 will open a whole new world!
What brings TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code
- Fully Object Pascal based web development
- RAD component methodology driven fast & productive development
- Hosted in a free hugely popular IDE for web developers
- Running on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Using a WYSIWYG form designer
- A framework that has a similarities with the familiar VCL framework where possible
What is on the table in v1.3
This major update is packed with significant new features:
Support for packages
Yes, from now on, it is easy to create your own custom components and compile & install these for use at design-time. The package system is similar to how you can use packages to install components in the Delphi IDE or Lazarus
Support for workspaces
With workspaces, now you can have multiple projects in a folder and activate and select which project to compile/run/debug.
Support for using the entire FNC component suite
As our entire set of FNC components is ready for use in web client applications, the new package support in TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code enables to install all TMS FNC components in the TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code IDE. The latest FNC registered version updates released last week contain all the required packages for this.
Brings the framework up-to-date with latest version as available in TMS WEB Core for Delphi/Lazarus v1.7
The TMS WEB Core framework that comes with TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code is now in sync and up-to-date with the latest release of TMS WEB Core for Delphi. This means that all new components and component improvements are now also available for Visual Studio Code users. This includes the new USB components, local file access components, new Firestore dataset capabilities, extensions to grids, web socket connection improvements and much more... One important note though, the Miletus application type is not yet in our release for Visual Studio Code release but scheduled for the next release.
There are several ways to get started with TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code
- TMS ALL-ACCESS users have immediate & free access to TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code
- TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code registered users will find the new release now on your "My Products" page
- A fully functional trial version for Windows, macOS or Linux is available
- We have a webinar coming up that will guide you around the IDE, the framework, the possibilities
- Check more details about FNC and using FNC components from Visual Studio code in this blog
Learn how to use packages, write your own components or use FNC components
We have already two videos for you and more are coming.
Chief architect José Leon Serna explains how to start using packages:
José Leon Serna and Bruno Fierens host a webinar giving a sneak preview of v1.3
Get in touch
We have our Support Center to help you getting started, contact our sales team to assist in any licensing queries, our let us know what you think about TMS WEB Core for Visual Studio Code and in what direction you wish to see things being developed further! We are eager to hear your feedback and further shape the product to your needs & wishes!
This blog post has received 8 comments.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post