BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
Friday, April 2, 2021
What is Miletus exactly?
Classes and functions
- TMiletusStringList: Read and write local text files.
- TMiletusBinaryDataStream: Similarly to TMiletusStringList this enables you to write and read local binary files. It also provides multiple formats to access the data.
- TMiletusClipboard: Read from and write to the OS clipboard.
- TMiletusShell: Exposes some shell functionalities: open a file with its default application, open an external URL with the default browser, move files to the trash and show files in the containing folder.
- GetCursorPos: Returns the position of the cursor.
- GetMiletusPath: Returns the common paths.
- StartFileDrag: Start dragging a file from your application to any destination where the file is accepted.
- TMiletusOpenDialog: Displays a native open dialog and returns the selected path(s).
- TMiletusSaveDialog: Similarly to TMiletusOpenDialog, it displays a native save dialog and returns the selected path.
- TMiletusMessageBox: Shows a native message dialog. The labels, the dialog type, the buttons and the verification checkbox are all customizable.
- TMiletusErrorBox: Shows a native error message dialog.
- TMiletusMainMenu: Creates and appends a native main menu to the form where it's dropped.
- TMiletusPopupMenu: Creates and displays a native popup menu
- TMiletusNotificationCenter: Allows you to show notifications on the operating system.
- TMiletusWindow: Allows the creation of multiple application windows which can be linked to forms or other sources.
- TMiletusTrayIcon: Creates a tray icon on the OS tray. An optional popup menu can be assigned to it.
- TMiletusFileWatcher: Monitors a list of files for changes. Each file has its own event handler which will be triggered when the file has changed.
- TMiletusGlobalShortcuts: Add a list of keyboards shortcuts that will be recognized even when the application is not in focus.
What about database support?
- TMiletusAccessDBDriver for MS Access databases
- TMiletusMySQLDBDriver for MySQL databases
- TMiletusSQLiteDBDriver for SQLite databases
- TMiletusPostgreSQLDBDriver for PostreSQL databases
- TMiletusMSSQLDBDriver for MS SQL databases
While the beta version of TMS WEB Core v1.7 is about to be released with built-in Miletus support for creating Win32 or Win64 applications, we are already working hard on bringing Miletus to both macOS and Linux as a cross platform alternative in TMS WEB Core v1.8! April Fool's Day has already passed but if you still have any doubts here's a sneak peek of our TodoList demo running on macOS! It is the exact same project as the Miletus TodoList demo for Windows but packaged as macOS application.
This blog post has received 15 comments.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post