TMS FlexCel for VCL & FireMonkey
Powerful, extensive & flexible component suite for native Excel report & file generation & manipulation for VCL & FireMonkey
- FlexCel for VCL / FireMonkey is a suite of Delphi XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7 components allowing to manipulate Excel files. It includes an extensive API allowing to natively read/write Excel files. If you need to read or create complex spreadsheets, on Windows or Mac OS-X on machines without Excel installed, Flexcel can do the job.
- Support for cross platform use: Win32, Win64, Mac OS-X, iOS and Android
- 100% Native support for Excel .XLSX, .XLSM file formats (Excel 2007 - Excel 2013)
- 100% Native support for Excel .XLS Excel 95 - Excel 2013
- 100% Native PDF report generation from .XLS/.XLSX files (PDF/A 1, 2 and 3 support)
- 100% Native support for previewing and printing .XLS/.XLSX files
- Fully standards compliant HTML 5 file generation from .XLS/.XLSX files
- Export .XLS & .XLSX files to SVG
- Report Engine that allows to create complex reports using Excel as your report designer, so your final users can modify them. You can use images/comments/conditional formats/merged cells/pivot tables/charts and almost anything you can think of on those reports
- Support for formula recalculation with over 200 Excel formulas
- ApiMate tool for automatically showing needed Delphi/C++ code for generating specific .XLS/.XLSX file cells with Flexcel
- Templates can be embedded inside your exe. No additional files to distribute
- Can write images/comments/conditional formats/merged cells/pivot tables/charts and almost the complete Excel feature set in native mode
- Designed from start to make full use of modern Delphi features like records with methods or generics.
- Also available as a fully managed .NET library
ScreenshotsReading an XLSX file with Flexcel with the "Reading Files" example, showing contents of a cell as HTML:
Getting started demo running on Windows 7
Excel .XLSX file generated from a FireMonkey app running on Mac OS-X Lion with Excel 2011
ApiMate tool showing needed Delphi code to generate cells in an .XLSX file
CommentsAnother vote for Flexcel here, since the rewritten and updated Flexcel came out a year or two ago, I only use that. Mostly I use it to read XLS and XLSX files, which it does much faster and more flexibly than Excel automation, in my experience. If you also need to write XLS and XLSX files (which I do occasionally) Flexcel has the most amazing utility named 'ApiMate'. You can design your output report in Excel, including only a minimum of actual data, but with all the detailed formatting, headings, and column, row and cell properties you need. Then point ApiMate at the Excel file, and it generates a Delphi program to write the entire XLS file using the Flexcel API, with all the attributes matching those you created in Excel itself. It is then the work of a few moments to adapt the ApiMate-created functions to handle your real data. Magic! Flexcel support is prompt and helpful, too.
Tim Frost, via EMB Delphi 3rd party Newsgroup
Wow ! I just got the TMS FlexCel and it worked right away. After a few tries I had an Excel file. First I thought it didn't work because it was so fast. It took 55 seconds with TExcelApplication, but with the TXLSAdapter it took about 0 seconds. I couldn't click on my stopwatch fast enough !! Great stuff ! Thanks a lot !
Detlef Rattunde, via email
We have built several windows (both .NET and Delphi) solutions using FlexCel and we have experienced the good evolution of the product. We like it mainly for the three following reasons: Value for the money: There is no need for any other component to have a full reporting solution. Performance: From the real experience we have performed, FlexCel is very well engineered and the performance you can obtain with it is impressive! The source code is available, and it's very important if you are involved in the development of competitive solutions and products.
Luis del Ser
TMS FlexCel Studio for VCL
for Delphi XE, Delphi XE2, Delphi XE3, Delphi XE4, Delphi XE5, Delphi XE6, Delphi XE7, C++Builder XE2, C++Builder XE3, C++Builder XE4, C++Builder XE5, C++Builder XE6, C++Builder XE7 (Prof/Enterprise/Architect)
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use: Single developer license, Site license
- Includes full source code
- Free 2 year updates and new releases
- Free priority support through email and forum