- Create applications, webservices and mobile device apps that read and write Excel files on the fly and fast with FlexCel Studio for .NET
- Native .NET components (no additional OLE/dlls required) allowing to read, create and modify native Excel .XLS and .XLSX files without needing to have Excel installed
- Supported Excel 2 to 2016 file formats
- Native PDF file export / report generation (PDF/A 1, 2 and 3 support)
- Runs on .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0, .NET 3.5, .NET 4.0, .NET 4.5, .NET 4.6 Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Store 8.1, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac and Mono
- Exceptionally fast and solid hand tuned .XLS & .XLSX engine capable of generating thousands files per minute
- Able to modify .XLS files and keep almost everything existing on the original file, from macros to activex objects
- Recalculation of more than 300 Excel functions
- Ability to read and write encrypted .XLS and .XLSX files, including Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 encryption
- Completely written in C# 100% managed code, with NO interop and NO p/invokes
- Templates can be stored inside your executable file, in a database or in any place from where you can access it as a stream
- Extensive API is available with which you can programmatically write and read files, with formatting info, images comments, etc.
- Export to HTML in HTML 5 strict or XTHML 1.1 and fully standards compliant
- Export to SVG
- Report Engine that allows to create complex reports using Excel as your report designer, so your final users can modify them. You can use images/comments/conditional formats/merged cells/pivot tables/charts and almost anything you can think of on those reports
- Full feature overview
XLS file report generated from Excel template through Flexcel
PDF file report generated from Excel template through Flexcel
HTML file report generated from Excel template through Flexcel
Flexcel report generated from Excel template viewed with Flexcel previewer
FlexCel designer allows you to visually design your report in Excel
Flexcel ApiMate tool that converts any Excel file to code, in C#, VB.NET and Delphi.NET
Flexcel XLS viewer in browser
Flexcel XLS previewer running on Mono
Flexcel is an essential tool for working with Excel files in .NET. It is far less expensive to to develop Excel functionality in .NET with Flexcel than without it.
I save several thousand dollars per year just in development, not including additional costs related to maintaining Office applications.
TMS Flexcel Studio saves me enough money each year to buy many licenses for Office.
I'm also very happy with the licensing and how much value TMS Software provides with my purchase. Even paid upgrades are a much better value than upgrades from other vendors. I enthusiastically endorse TMS Software and Flexcel Studio for .NET.
It is easy to use and powerful. I use it in cosole vb.net apps focused on reporting and calculation and it is fast in generating files.
The feature of reporting by tags or "direct reporting" once known is a fundamental shortcut in report creation.
Not only it is fast, but also powerful and I can say this because I use it integrated with sql server: download data from sql, apply complex calculation by an excel template hand-defined in Excel, convert to values and upload back to sql server.
Size of this is about 60K rows X 70 columns X 6 (separate files).
It works, obviously it consumes almost all the available 4 gb ram but it works even in 32bit mode.
When I use Flexcel I feel myself as I was driving a powerful sport car. Thank you very much.
Just wanted to say that I'm very impressed by your component and the associated documentation. Since starting my company I've used quite a few third-party vendors, and the intuitive usage and excellent documentation on your product is outstanding. Makes interacting with Excel files very easy. Now, if only it was as easy to interact with an instance of Excel...
I've worked with Flexcel for the last two years and this is one of the greatest products I have ever had the pleasure of working with. It is FAST and it just plain works!
They are super responsive in answering questions and they've even added features I've requested.
If you need to generate reports, don't shell out money for Crystal (or whatever name it goes by this month) - Buy this and you will NOT be sorry.
Via review on Visual Studio Gallery
After looking carefully at all the Competitor
products in detail and having worked with one competitor product extensively we
decided to move to FlexCel - this was no small decision but we have been
rewarded with the most powerful and complete implementation. .Net managed code
and a huge set of features.
With FlexCel we really push the boundaries and have found it is really up to the
task. Most importantly when we needed new business critical functionality the
guys on support have really responded and given us and the product features when
they were needed.
I would strongly recommend FlexCel from both a technical and service response
point of view.
Richard White MBus C.E.O.
We have built several windows (both .NET and Delphi) solutions using FlexCel and
we have experienced the good evolution of the product. We like it mainly for the
three following reasons:
Value for the money: There is no need for any other component to have a full
Performance: From the real experience we have performed, FlexCel is very well
engineered and the performance you can obtain with it is impressive!
The source code is available, and it's very important if you are involved in the
development of competitive solutions and products.
Luis del Ser
I literally stumbled across FlexCel Studio for .NET on the internet. Whenever I searched
for similar software, I ran across others that sucked, and the costs for them are outrageous.
You guys have one hell of a product. I have been using it for the last two days, and I am
very impressed not only by what I can accomplish but also your excellent documentation and examples.
I am really impressed about your know-how around Excel's under the hood workings.
I've been kicking the FlexCel API around a bit over the weekend and must say it is the best investment
I made in a long time in both time and money! And the speed at which you guys respond is incredible !
TMS FlexCel Studio for .NET
for Visual Studio .NET 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, DOTNETCORE
View licensing FAQ