ORM framework for Delphi with full support for data manipulation, complex and advanced queries, inheritance, polymorphism, and more...
BenefitsAurelius brings all benefits an application can obtain from using an ORM framework:
- Productivity: Avoid complex SQL statements that can only be verified at runtime. Code directly with objects.
It's basically something that prevents you from writing code like this:
Query1.Sql.Text := 'SELECT I.ID AS INVOICE_ID, I.INVOICE_TYPE, I.INVOICE_NO, I.ISSUE_DATE, I.PRINT_DATE, ' + 'C.ID AS CUSTOMER_ID, C.CUSTOMER_NAME, C.SEX, C.BIRTHDAY, N.ID AS COUNTRY_ID, N.COUNTRY_NAME' + 'FROM INVOICE AS I INNER JOIN CUSTOMER AS C ON (C.ID = I.CUSTOMER_ID) ' + 'LEFT JOIN COUNTRY AS N ON (N.ID = C.COUNTRY_ID)' + 'WHERE I.ID = :INVOICE_ID;' Query1.ParamByName('INVOICE_ID').AsInteger := 1; Query1.Open; ShowMessage(Format('Invoice No: %d, Customer: %s, Country: %s', [Query1.FieldByName('INVOICE_NO').AsInteger, Query1.FieldByName('CUSTOMER_NAME').AsString, Query1.FieldByName('COUNTRY_NAME').AsString]));
Invoice := Manager1.Find<TInvoice>(1); ShowMessage(Format('Invoice No: %d, Customer: %s, Country: %s', [Invoice.InvoiceNo, Invoice.Customer.Name, Invoice.Customer.Country.Name]));
- Maintainability: Clearer business logic by dealing with objects, hiding all the database-access layer.
- Portability: Easily change the underlying database - all your business code stays the same since they are just pure objects.
- Several database servers supported (MS SQL Server, Firebird, MySQL, DB2, Interbase, Oracle,...)
- Several database-access components supported (dbExpress, AnyDac, SQLDirect, ADO, IBX,...)
- Multi-platform solution - Win32, Win64, Mac OS X, VCL, FireMonkey
- Saving, updating and loading of entity objects in an object-oriented way
- TAureliusDataSet for easy and fast interfacing to DB-aware controls in VCL
- Queries - Powerful query API using criteria expressions, projections, grouping, conditions and even logical operators in a LINQ-like approach
- Inheritance mapping and polymorphism - map a full class hierarchy into the database
- Cross-database development - use a single Delphi code to target multiple databases in a transparent way
- Choose from classes-to-database approach (creating the database structure from classes) or database-to-classes approach (creating classes source code from database, using TMS Data Modeler )
- Mapping directly in classes using custom attributes
- Association mapping
- Lifetime management of objects using object manager
- Cached and identity-mapped objects
- Automatic database structure generation
- Nullable types support
- Lazy loading for associations and blob fields
- Allows logging of SQL commands
- Allows mapping enumerated types to database values
- Open architecture - easy extendable to use different component sets or database servers
Extensive online documentation
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ElevateDB server
- Absolute Database
- Windows 32-Bit
- Windows 64-Bit
- Mac OS X
Supported Data-Access components
- dbGo (ADO)
- Interbase Express (IBX)
- SQLite - Native Support
- Direct Oracle Access
Introducing TMS Aurelius. An ORM framework for DelphiWagner Landgraf is giving a presentation on our Delphi ORM TMS Aurelius. This introduction will help you quickstart using the TMS Aurelius framework for writing effective database driven Delphi applications in a productive way.
CommentsFrom what I've seen so far, I think this is going to revolutionize my app development - can't wait to start playing with the features now!
Dave White via TMS Forum
I've played with the trial of Aurelius a bit and I like what I've seen so far (Firebird 2.5 with IBObjects). Especially the way how I can get started with a legacy database is nice. I wouldn't like if Aurelius thinks it needs to be clever when it comes to maintaining the underlaying database for changes due to the technical challenges mentioned above. For sure, Aurelius has potential for being an important part in the Delphi world when writing OO-based database clients.
Thomas Steinmaurer / Firebird Technology Evangelist, via email
TMS Aurelius is really some awesome piece of technology that has been missing from Delphi for years. REALLY good framework that is well thought-through. Believe me, I have had my look at a fair number of ORMs.
Holger Flick via email
for Delphi 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7 (Prof/Enterprise/Architect)
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use: Single developer license, Small team license, Site license
- Includes full source code
- Free 2 year updates and new releases
- Free priority support through email and forum