The high productivity & feature-packed grid control
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- Only when theming is enabled in the project options, the balloon will be visible.
- If you reparent the grid, the balloon should only be enabled AFTER the final grid's parent is set.
- Balloon hints are an API from Microsoft Windows and this does not support HTML formatted text. This is a limitation of the Microsoft Windows balloon API.
- There is a limitation to the number of characters in a balloon. This is also a limitation of the Microsoft Windows balloon API that we cannot workaround. For a regular cell comment, there is no such length limitation.
- From TAdvStringGrid version v4.5, several new balloon notification capabilities have been added. See example 76: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/asg76.asp
- When using AddBalloon& AddImageIdx on the same cell , the AddBalloon will not work. These 2 features are mutually exclusive, only one type per call can be added.
- When grid. Balloon.Enable = true, it will automatically show a balloon when a cell contains text, i.e. it will show the text of the cell in the balloon. To prevent this, add the following event handler:
procedure TForm4.AdvStringGrid1CellBalloon(Sender: TObject; ACol, ARow: Integer; var ATitle, AText: string; var AIcon: Integer); begin if not advstringgrid1.HasBalloon(acol,arow) then begin atitle := ''; atext := ''; end; end;
Nancy Lescouhier (Nov 7, 2011)
for Delphi 7, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, C++Builder 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5 (Prof/Enterprise/Architect)
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use: Single developer license, Small team license, Site license
- Includes full source code
- Free updates for a full version cycle (from v7.2 to v8.1)
- Free priority support through email, newsgroup and forum