Friday, January 27, 2012
So the intention of this post is to give you an idea of what's coming next with TMS Aurelius and TMS Data Modeler, based on customers feedback.
Please note that this list is subject to change, especially due to further customer feedback, and is not a commitment of any kind - we have the freedom to refrain from implementing any of these features - this is just the current intention for further development.
Features being considered to be implemented until 2.0 version:
- TObjectDataset component for visual binding objects to data-aware controls
- Support for more databases
- Support for more data-access components - IBObjects will be the next one to be supported
- Custom SQL expressions and projections
- More generator types - GUID should be the next one
- Other minor fixes and of course bug fixes
- More events and/or interceptors
Other features that are being considered (depending on feedback and demand):
- Dynamic properties
- Mapping through external file
- Database schema update (simple and limited)
- Query Language - use of query commands as alternative to query API
TMS Data Modeler will be improved as well, with support for more databases and constant improvements in user interface. And, of course, tighter integration with TMS Aurelius - improved class generation and constant support for new Aurelius features.