here are some enhancement ideas for the TGDIPPictureContainer comonent.
That's all for this one... :)
- import images from existing TImageList OR convert TImageList to TGDIPPictureContainer (important) by maybe a design-time wizard?
- pasting of images directly into left-side container list by either hotkey or right-click "Paste from Clipboard"
- history of recently opened directories (important); maybe add a drop-down menu to the "Load Directory" button; at least open the last one again...
- drag'n'drop re-ordering of images and indexing (numbering) them in addition to the image names like in TImageList (I know, sounds useless to most)
- displayed row heights are way too large for collections of 16x16 glyphs (maybe replace the default "parent folder" image with a smaller one as it seems to preset the top position of all images in general?)
- limit the top trackbar to only allow as high a number of rows till actual images are no longer visible due to the image name caption starts hiding them completely (keep increasing and the display becomes rubbish)
- optional display of image names (use too much space)
- optional width of cells; try with a folder containing 100+ glyphs with 16x16 size only, like GlyFx, there's no good overview
- option to display small images with a zoom factor (100%, 200%, 250% etc.) by either combobox with preset zoom-values or a trackbar
- item focus border is barely visible, either use more visible color (clMaroon) or wider border (if possible)
- "Save as" for selected images in different formats (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/graphics32 for MPL licensed graphics library with full source)