VCL UI Pack and RAD studio 2007

I have run the installer and have a few issues:

1) None of the demos will open in RAD Studio 2007. The project files are incompatible. Not a big deal - I have to make new projects and add the relevant .pas file...

but...

2) Some components are missing. For example AdvKanbanBoard is not installed to the IDE. 

I ran the 'normal' installer and it has not installed the projects for each .BPL so I can't try a recompile...

Other components are missing as well... 

Are they not compatible with RAD Studio 2007 or should I reinstall with the 'build it myself' option?

Andy
  1. Delete the .DPROJ file and open the .DPR file
    2. Several newer developed components start support from Delphi XE7 due to relying on modern language features / JSON support / ..

OK

Are you saying that some of the components in the UI pack are only compatible with XE7 upwards?

If so, why are they being sold as compatible with Rad Studio 2007? I can't see anything obvious  on the website that warns that some controls need a newer version of RAD Studio...

Some recent developed components like TAdvKanBanBoard, TAdvTreeView, TAdvListView are from XE7 or newer.
For TAdvKanbanBoard for example, see page 3 of dev guide:

https://download.tmssoftware.com/download/manuals/TMS%20TAdvKanbanBoard%20Developers%20Guide.pdf