TAdvMemo background image

Hi, is it possible to set a background imagein a TAdvMemo?  We've implemented the file drop feature and it would be nice if we could show a "Drop File Here" image when the memo is empty. Thx.

Sorry, there is at this moment unfortunately not a built-in capability to set a background image for the control.

Ok thanks, could we consider this a feature request?

An alternative would be if we could add a TLabel inside the component like you can with the TAdvStringGrid (i.e. in the structure view you can put a TLabel inside the TAdvStringGrid, but you can't do this with TAdvMemo).  This way you can see the label but it does not hide the drop zone.

A background image for TAdvMemo isn't trivial with how it is working.

I'm not sure what you mean with "add a TLabel inside a component"?
You can add TLabel components in any VCL container component like a TPanel, TScrollBox, ... ?

Is it not enough to place the TLabel component on TAdvMemo? Hide or show as needed?

>I'm not sure what you mean with "add a TLabel inside a component"?
>You can add TLabel components in any VCL container component like a TPanel, TScrollBox, ... ?
That's what I mean, the TAdvStringGrid seems to be able to act like a TPanel, and I found when I put a TLabel onto it then the file could still be dropped where the label is.
>Is it not enough to place the TLabel component on TAdvMemo? Hide or show as needed?

Thanks I tried that, but when the label is shown then it hides the drop zone on the memo, i.e. you cannot drop files where the label is.  I suppose we could make it say "Drop File over there" ...

Maybe you can set the text you want as something custom painted on a TPaintBox?