PostgreSql

Hi

I'm trying to connect to a Postgres database using the Data Modeler.

Database type: PostgreSql 9

I keep getting error: Cannot load vendor libray Libpq.Dll, module not found. But it is in the Windows Path and I have even copied it to the Data Modeler catalog.

Is the Data Modeler depended on FireDac?

I have given up on Postgres and FireDac, do you plan to include UniDac?

DataModeler uses FireDac internally, but that should not be an issue. Are you sure you have provided the 32-bit version of libpq.dll? Data Modeler is a 32-bit application. Just having libpq.dll in the same directory as dm.exe should be enough.

Hi

Still can't use Datamodeler with Postgres.

I have installed the 32 bit version of Postgres and copied from there the Libpq.Dll to the Datamodeler directory.

Same error message, Cannot find Libpq.dll.

I had the same issue with WebCore/Xdata/FireDac. I then installed UniDac from Devart and it worked just fine.

I would like to start using Datamodeler too :)

Do you have a link where I can download Libpq.dll, and be sure it's the 32 bit version?

Regards,
Ole

Hi Ole, try this one:

http://download.tmssoftware.com/business/dmodeler/download/postgresql_libs.zip
Success :)

Copied the 32bit files to the Datamodeler directory and put the directory in the systems Path.

I have this trouble with this solution

[FireDAC][Physc][PG][libpq] authentication method 10 not supported.
I'm use Postgres 14 and DataModeler 3

Hi @Araujo_Adan, it's not clear to me. Are you just reporting that the provided Postgres DLL files helped you with the mentioned error? Or are you having issues with it?

Hi @ Wagner Landgraf
I fix with this method
I download postgres lib dll version 13.xx (postgres installer for Win32).

Works with postgres 13 and 14.
BR
Adan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.