TWebCopy Proxy Server

Hi,

When there is an HTTP proxy set in Internet Explorer, is there a way to bypass this and attempt an HTTP file download without using the proxy information?

The documentation for TWebCopy states a proxy will only be used if Proxy is non-blank, but in practice a global proxy set in Internet Explorer options *is* used, and that's what I want to bypass.

Cheers,

Nigel

If the WebCopy.Proxy:string property is set, the flag to use the preconfigured server is not set but the proxy is set with the proxy username and password.

You can see this in the method  WebCopy.DoCopy where the proxy is set with flag INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY when it is a non empty string.

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that I want to attempt a direct connection bypassing any pre-configured server, not replacing it with a proxy server of my own choosing. Now you've pointed out where this is set, I can modify a local copy of WebCopy to use INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT to achieve this, instead of INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG. Some quick testing here seems to show it working as I wish.

Cheers,

Nigel