Two TIWDBAdvWebGrid with same G0D ID's

I'm experiencing a problem when I place two TIWDBAdvWebGrid components on an IntraWeb form, and give dynamic forumlas to the second one. The columns that are updated are not the columns in the second grid, but in the first grid.

This is caused by the fact that the grid columns get an ID which starts with G0D and then a number which is the row, followed by column, etc. But both grids use the same G0D prefix, and hence when a cell of the second grid needs to be updated, a cell from the first grid (first match) is found and updated instead.

Is it possible to change the G0D string for the grids? Both grids seem to get the 0 after the G, and I would hope that the second grid would get a 1, so I'd get G0D... and G1D...

Oh darn... I found it. We can use the ID property of the grids for that purpose. OK, sorry - in that case, this may be a nice tip for someone else with the same problem ;-)

Groetjes, Bob Swart (using IW 10.0.23 and the latest TMS IntraWeb Components).

Correct, it is indeed required that for every grid on a form, the ID property value is different. The reason is that while every component has a unique name, we don't want to use this (long) name for rendering (to keep rendered HTML small) and thus use a short name with this unique ID. There was a feature request to have this ID with automatically generated unique value and we're investigating this. When technically feasible, we'll include that in a future update.

I second the feature request (and when dropping a new grid on the form, I think it should be possible to enumerate the components already on the form, and then take the first available ID value).. Thanks for the confirmation.