RandomDLL.DL

In the history of changes TMS say:

--------------
v3.0.0.0
: New: On RAD Studio version 10.2.1 and up, possibility to use the components without Random DLL on Win64 platforms
--------------

But in the documentation TMS say:
--------------
RandomDLL.DLL
It is necessary to copy this DLL in the appropriate folder to run the Windows 64 demo and to use the library in Windows 64 applications.
Copy RandomDLL.dll from the Win64 directory of TMS Cryptography Pack:
- to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you are running 32 bit Windows
- or to C:\Windows\System32 if you are running 64 bit Windows
--------------

What is the correct information?

I installed the 3.0.1.0 version and when run my application (win64) I received the message error that the RandonDLL.dll is missing (I'm using RAD Studio 10.2.3).

How to compile without having to distribute additional DLLs with the application?
Hello,

You do not have the last documentation : http://www.tmssoftware.biz/Download/Manuals/TMSCryptographyPack.pdf
In this one the paragraph is :
If you want to use TMS Cryptography Pack in Win64 target, there are two options:
- If you have Tokyo 10.2.1 or newer, you must uncomment {$define IDEVERSION1021} in each pas files;
- If you have older version than 10.2.1, you must copy RandomDLL.dll from the Win64 directory to C:\Windows\System32 if you are running 64-bit Windows or to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you are running 32-bit Windows.

Best regards,
Marion
Hi Marlon,

I suggest that instead of changing each .pas file you put that define in TMSDEFS.INC.

I put this define in TMSDEFS.INC and the Random.DLL error message no longer appeared. Can I keep the change in this way or can there be any problem?

Thank you.

Hi,

You can keep this change in this way. Thank you for your suggestion, I will keep that in mind for the next version.

Marion