Cloud App Freezes

Hi! I hope someone can help. I have Delphi Xe8 with general update 1. I am deploying for Android ( I have Jelly Bean 4.2.2). My app freezes both for Google Drive And Drop Box at exactly the same place. I have disabled the the right Android library  “android-support-v4.dex.jar” and added 2 new libraries  “android-support-v13.jar” and “CustomTabs.jar” for Android In the Android Libraries section of the Target Platforms list of my project. At runtime I have set the property ExternalBrowser to true. I also assigned the correct key, secret and callbackurl properties. The Key and secret properties I got from the API developer's website and the callbackurl was the default callbackurl of the specific cloud component - I didn't change that. I Also didn't forget to update the callbackurl to the API developer's website. The time when my app freezes is just after I have closed the browser (prompting for authentication). All buttons on my app then became unresponsive and my app just just froze. The OnReceivedAccessToken event also never fired. Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi,

Please note that the TMS FMX Cloud Pack requires at least Android v4.4.

Hi Bart! 

Thank you for the response! I have checked on my moms phone - she has a newer model which is Android Nougat 6.0.1 and I still have the same problem! Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas. Thank you in advance!

We are not aware of such an issue with the TMS FMX Cloud Pack.
Does the issue also occur with the CloudStorageDemo application (included with the product download)?

Hi! I couldn't find CloudStorageDemo anywhere! Do you maybe have a download link where I can download this demo? Thank you in advance!

This demo is included in the TMS FMX Cloud Pack distribution under demos that are installed under \My Documents\tmssoftware\TMS FMX Cloud Pack

Hi! Thank you! I have found the CloudStorageDemo. When I compile for Windows everything works 100%. When I compile for Android I receive the following error message

[MSBuild Error] The "CreateAndroidManifestFile" task failed unexpectedly.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '....\AndroidManifest.template.xml' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.CreateAndroidManifestFile.genManifestFile()

at Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.CreateAndroidManifestFile.Execute()

at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

This error message is probably unrelated to why my original program doesn't work yet so I just want to ask  - I have been studying the CloudStorageDemo. I see you use  " .PersistTokens.Key ". I see you use it at the same place where you assign the key and secret properties. What does " .PersistentTokens.Key" do and must I use it in my program to make it work? Please answer! Thank you for your help in advance!

- I'm not sure what is causing the error you reported as I have not been able to reproduce it.
We'll have to further investigate this issue.

- The PersistTokens.Key property sets the path and filename where the application should save the retrieved tokens after authentication.
If you are persisting the retrieved tokens in your application, please make sure this property is assigned correctly.