Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

TAdv...Panel and ClientHeight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Finelli Fabio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finelli Fabio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAdv...Panel and ClientHeight
    Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 9:42am
Working with a TAdvSmoothPanel i noticed that the ClientHeight and the ClientWidth does not takes in account the Padding properties. So to find the "real" Client[ available space it is necessary to do some computation. Should not the Client variables take the Padding values in account?

Pieter Scheldeman View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 10:41am
Tested here with 2 panels the ClientWidth and ClientHeight do not take the Padding values in account. This is the default behavior, wanting the correct values needs manual calculation with the padding values taken into account.
Finelli Fabio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finelli Fabio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:18am
Ok, thanks.
I disagree a bit that this should the behaviour: shadows, panel caption and rounded corners just eats the "visible" available space, so to me it seems more logical to have the Client dimensions reflect this.
As example, the BevelWidth in standard panels affect the ClientWidth/ClientHeight.,
Anyway, as you say that this is the behaviour you want, i'll bear with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply