Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Omissions in Datamodeller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ronald Janse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ronald Janse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Omissions in Datamodeller
    Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:27pm
Hi,
I tried the new Datamodeller 3.0 today and it has a lot of promising new possibilities.
But there are 2 things I still miss:
The possibility to see the mappings in the "Export to Aurelius classes" view in alphabetical order. We now have about 175 tables in one of our projects and it sometimes takes a lot of searching to find the right one. New tables are added at the bottom, regardless of their name, and I can't change the order. Automatic saving in alphabetical order when saving the project is also ok.

A better sequence in the SQL when generating a script for the database. For instance Trigger Functions have to be declared before they can be used in a Trigger. Now the Triggers are created before the Functions, what obviously results in an Error.
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:51pm
Hello Ronald,

1. Fair enough. Next release will have the list sorted. But note that until there you can find the table you want using Shift+Ctrl+F. This will open a search box for you to search the table you want.

2. The problem is when there are interdependencies. Triggers depends on procedures and vice-versa. Is this a regression or have always been like this? You could send an e-mail through support sending your specific project so we can take a look at it. 
Ronald Janse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ronald Janse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:46am
Thank you Wagner.
Problem 2 occurred with version 2 of the Data modeller as well, when using PostgreSQL.
I will make a nice example and send it to support somewhere next week.
 Post Reply Post Reply