Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Annoying forum session time-out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wiersch Albert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wiersch Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annoying forum session time-out
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
I was composing a new bug report topic and couldn't post my message because I got an alert when I tried to post that my session had timed out and I had to reload, so I did.

I lost my post at reload but fortunately I had copy and pasted it to my clipboard.

It seems like the session timeouts are WAY too low... should be at least 30 minutes, no? It felt like it was set to 5 or 10 minutes, and some posts cannot be constructed in that amount of time.

So my feature request is to increase the session timeout time.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 5:41pm
Not sure what the current setting is. We'll review it and if found too short, we'll set it longer.
Fare' Daniele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fare' Daniele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:15pm
Hi Bruno,
this's happening (in case) more than a year ...
Also, sometimes not always, when open the forum index i have several stars (new messages) but if i read only one in a forum (any one) when i return to index i loose all stars.
Could be Internet Explorer problem?

Regards
Daniele
Wiersch Albert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wiersch Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Fare' Daniele

Could be Internet Explorer problem?

Regards
Daniele

Are you really still using Internet Explorer?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fare' Daniele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:34am
Hi albert,
only for TMS forums.
The other one is Chrome, but with the forums has some problem during visualization (on my system).
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:04pm
I'm not aware of issues with Chrome. What exact problem do you have with Chrome and how can we reproduce?
Stefan Grube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Grube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:34am
As you might have seen, I have also complained about the session timeout in another thread.
I had to write posts several times (but I'm smart enough to learn, that I have to copy the before posting).

I'm using Firefox.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fare' Daniele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:52pm
Hi Bruno,
it's a timeout "problem".
When aswering the time need is, for example, 4 minutes.
When try to send the message (click on post reply) appear a message that inform us about a timeout expired time, in this case the message can't be send,
To avoid to rewrite a message (as now) i copy to clipboard the message, reload the page, paste the message and send it within a minute ... so the timeout can't be reached.

Have a good Easter to you, all TMS staff and all forum users

Daniele
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:39am
Thanks,
I thought we set the timeout already long but we will reinvestigate to see if there aren't circumstances where the timeout is ignored.
Grobety Stephane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grobety Stephane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:52pm
Hello Bruno,

Honestly, these timeouts makes no sense from a user point of view: it can take a loooong time to write a technical post and unless you make these timeouts last several days, nothing will make much sense.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
The forum is software we purchased, we did not write this ourselves.
We will raise this question with the company providing this software.
 Post Reply Post Reply