Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Connect to myCloudData without Login request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Arnaldo Caliari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arnaldo Caliari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connect to myCloudData without Login request
    Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 3:29pm
Hi,

maybe it's a conceptually wrong idea, but i'll try... Suppose i have in a myCloudData table the subscriptions of the users running my application.

i already have the OAUTH application key & secret, I want (from inside the application) to verify from the myCloudData table the subscriptions of the users running the application.

For this, i don't want the users to "login" to myCloudData with the application, i "only" want my application to automatically connect to the myCloudData table and verify the subscription of the user running the application. The login account to myCloudData would be a fixed one, always the same for the application (my account).

I think it's not possible, even if a store in advance in the application the access token of my fixed account, because the access token has an expiration date. It this correct ? i'm triyng to use myCloudData for what has not been made for ?

Thanks, kind regards

Arnaldo Caliari

Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 11:36pm
You could as an alternative generate an access token once and always directly use the access token for accessing the service without going via OAUTH then anymore.
Cirinei Marco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cirinei Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 3:49pm
Hi all.
So I have the chance to *not* embed key and secret strings in my Delphi application and only compile, or put in a ini file, a valid token (that do not expire if I don't explicit ask for this)?

And is this the recommended, and best/secure?,  way to read from and write to some myCloudData tables in a Delphi Windows app?

Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 4:41pm
Hi,

The key and secret are only required to retrieve an access token.
You only need a valid access token to interact with the myCloudData API which is accessed over a secure (HTTPS) connection.

Post Reply Post Reply