FMXWebGMaps - Android

This must be simple to do, but I can't seem to get it to work. All I want to do is to run WebGMaps on my Android phone and for it to show me where I am. I would have thought the GetCurrentLocation would be the starting point. What I get seems to be different depending upon where I am. At home it tells me I am about 200km north east. In the office it tells me I am about 100km south of my true location. The phone in running V6.0.1 and I am using the latest TMS components.

The demo program seems to do everything you would ever need except this, so I am wondering if there is a reason why this does not work.

Any clues or example code much appreciated

Hi,

We are not aware of any issues with using the GetCurrentLocation call on Android.
Note that this call performs an API call to "freegeoip.net" to retrieve your current location based on your IP address. This API Is not related to the Google Maps API.
Can you please try to navigate to the following URL in your browser and check if the returned data is correct?

Example:
http://freegeoip.net/json

Bart Holvoet2017-02-06 09:05:32

Clearly this is the problem. freegoip.net give the same incorrect result.The IP address is probably something to do with my Internet Service Provider
which could be anywhere. I'll do a test on my phone when I am not using the WiFi but just the 4G.

The solution seems to be to use the standard Delphi TLocationSensor
to get the coordinates of my current location and then feed that information into the TMS GMap component.