Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Copy entire field definition between tables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blanchard Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blanchard Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copy entire field definition between tables
    Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 1:45am
Is there any simple way to copy field definitions between tables?

I have situations where I want to create similar versions of a table, or tables with similar fields (eg multiple look-up tables with similar field structure of "ID, display_seq, description" ).

Having to create table, then every field over and over is tedious - it would be very nice to be able to copy a field definition to clipboard and paste it into a new table...

Being able to copy tables between projects would be nice too (although I suppose I could import the structure from live database).

Cheers,
EdB
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 12:29pm
Currently you have options to duplicate a table and duplicate a field (in the same table). So at least you could duplicate the table and remove fields you don't want and add new fields. Unfortunately to copy/paste a specific field from one table to another is not possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply