Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Some questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ivan Rakyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ivan Rakyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some questions
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:55pm
so I started to implement TMS Logging yesterday, because I was tired of checking remotely all our server logs... I must say you have done very good job as usually as I have already working system now... Thanks!

There is just 1 thing I don't know how to do. Our server app is REMObject server with many plugins. When I log, I would like to know from which plugin the message is coming and perhaps filter by plugin. I can inject that as text into message, but isn't there a simpler way?
Similarly, each server function is run by different users and that is also interesting information I would like to transfer and be able to filter.
Is there a way to attach this custom information to the log message?

Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 9:24pm
There is not directly a built-in capability to add a plugin identification, so encoding in the log string would be a workaround or option.
With respect to different server functions for different users, I'm not sure if this is handled by different processes in the REMobject server, but if it is , the process ID could be used for it.
Ivan Rakyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ivan Rakyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 9:31pm
I was going to do it this way, just wanted to make sure I did not missed something before I start...

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply