Menu Goes Under Map

Hi,

In my project there is toolbar top of the form and a menu triggering by speed button, there is gmap on form aligned as client, when i click to menu button, menu goes under gmap.I've tried different menu types but every menu i tried goes under the gmap, i also tried sendtoback or bringtofront commands, but didn't helped. It seems like gmap component allways stays on top, is there any fix for it.

This is my menu

This is what happens if idon't hide gmap

This is unfortunately a limitation of the TTMSFMXWebGMaps / TTMSFMXWebOSMaps components. The components are using a transparent dialog technique to show a native webview component. This is shown on top of all other controls. There is currently no workaround for this issue, but will investigate if we can find a workaround.

I have the same issue with menu and other items that 'drop down' over the map.

Also, I placed my TTMSFMXWebGMaps on a tTabControl, but it hides all the other pages. I've been able to workaround this with visible property of TTMSFMXWebGMaps, but this adds another layer of complexity. I believe TTabControl is very popular in FireMonkey development.

Has there been any progress in resolving this, particularly with menus and other overlapping drop-downs, as hiding the map is not a suitable solution if for example, a combobox overlaps the map.

Sorry, this is a technical issue, the TTMSFMXWebGMaps is a native control that lies on top of all other non-native controls such as the TTabControl / TComboBox which uses FireMonkey framework rendering. There is currently no workaround for this issue. TWebBrowser has the same issue with the only difference that it is managed by TTabControl, which removes the need to toggle the visibility manually. Unfortunately we cannot intercept this event and thus cannot toggle the visibility of the control when a tab changes.