Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Ribbon Control: Merge Ribbons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vesperman Matthew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vesperman Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon Control: Merge Ribbons
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:55am
Thank you,

This functionality would also be useful for developers who use frames instead of mdi children.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:31am
We have added this on the feature request list for consideration and to see if there is a general interest in such functionality.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vesperman Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 7:36am
Basically I would like to tell the main form's ribbon to merge in the child form's ribbon.

ie. Pages with the same names (or captions) wil merge together. (Toolbars get copied over.) Also if toolbars have the same name (or caption) they get merged together.

If there are pages or toolbars that don't match anything they simply get copied over.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:27am
What exactly is the definition of a "merge" for a ribbon? Add/remove a toolbar on the ribbon? If so, you can do this programmatically, have you considered this?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vesperman Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 12:55pm
I would like to see a set of methods for merging ribbons.

For example, if I have a MDI Child form, I would like to place a ribbon on it with its appropriate commands in place. When the child is activated I would like to be able to "merge" the child ribbon with that on the MDI main form. When the child is deactivated I want to be able to "UnMerge" that same ribbon.

Post Reply Post Reply