TMS WebGMaps for FireMonkey on iOS 9 - problem

Hi there,

the WebGMaps component doesn't seem to work on iOS 9. The screen remains white. I did also a test on the iOS-Simulator. It works for iOS 8.4 SDK, but the screen remains white with iOS 9 SDK on the simulator. I use Delphi 10 Seattle Professional and the latetest Version of your WebGMaps component.
Can you help me with that, please?
Kind regards

I downloaded this release 1.9.4.1 (15/9/2015) yesterday. It shows 1.9.4.1. in the setup, but in Delphi the Object-Inspector shows Version 1.9.3.1.

Hi, 

There isn't an error in the setup, the version history is updated due to RAD Studio 10 Seattle support, but the component version wasn't changed because the component itself didn't have any changes.
We have now corrected this to avoid confusion, the next update will address this.

We are currently investigating the iOS 9 issue and will answer this as soon as possible as a reply on your email.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Hi 

any news for this issue? I have the same problem

Best Regards

Hi, 

This issue can also be reproduced with TWebBrowser, so it's an issue in RAD Studio 10 seattle in combination with iOS 9.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Hi Peter

thank you very much for your answer, but I tried to compile my app with iOS 8.4 SDK (and Delphi 10 Seattle) and work fine in my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 9

The same app compiled with iOS 9 SDK has the error

Best Regards

Claudio

It could be possible that this is a security issue in the iOS 9 SDK. As this is reproducible with TWebBrowser, the issue will need to be fixed on project level / FireMonkey framework level.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Hello Pieter,

yes you have right. The problem is the new ATS (App Transoprt Security for iOS 9) that block every HTTP request.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Claudio

Hello Claudio,

I have the same problem. May I ask you what you intend to do about that problem? I am a bit perplexed.

Best regards
Sebastian

Hi, 

We have investigated this here and found a workaround for this issue. You need to specify a custom Info.plist file that is added to the deployment window, replacing the original one found in the debug folder after building the application for the first time. The keys that needs to be added are specified below. We will upload a sample as soon as possible.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter
Pieter Scheldeman2015-09-22 14:47:24

Hi Pieter,

thanks for your investigation and the workaround. That sample will be helpfull too, great.
Kind regards
Sebastian

Hi, 

We have written a blog post that covers this issue and provides a solution to this issue.
https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/blog.asp?post=317
Please let us know if this solution helps for you.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Pieter Scheldeman2015-09-23 12:08:48

Hi Pieter,

thank you for the fix. It works fine now.

Kind regards
Sebastian