PDFView zoom problem

I am using the demo of mCL for XE8 downloaded today. (went back to XE8 as XE10 version not yet available)

PDFView seems to work as expected until I call PDFView1.zoomin at which point there is a white band at the top of the view. When the document scrolls the band scrolls slower so it obscures the document.

I viewed the same pdf with OSX viewer and it works fine.

Dave Peters
DP Software

Hi, 

We have tested this here in our demo but are not able to reproduce this issue, did you change the PDF or have a sample that can reproduce this issue?

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

I have uploaded both the project and pdf file here plus the mac compiled app:

http://www.dpsoftware.com/tms/

Load pdf, zoom in once.

Not sure if going backwards from XE10 to XE8 has affected anything. I did have to pull in the SDK MAC OSX10.9.5 before it would compile anything but it seems to be OK with my main project.

Do you have a date for the XE10 version ?

Regards

Dave

Hi, 

We are currently working on XE10 version that should be released shortly.

We have investigated this here, but we are not able to open the PDF file, the document pointer after loading it is nil. Can you try with a completely different PDF to see if the issue is still reproducible? It could be possible that the PDF file cannot be read by the PDFView component. We are still investigating here why this is the case.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

I get the same problem with the TMSmCLDevGuide.pdf downloaded from your website. Some documents work fine.

My pdf was created by OpenOffice export so I tried printing with PrimoPDF print driver instead of exporting but same result.

Regards

Dave

It could indicate an incomplete or corrupt PDF File, can you try opening it in Adobe PDF to see if there are any errors reported?

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

I only have the free Adobe reader but no problems with my pdf or with your manual. Same with OSX.

If you can't open my pdf at all, maybe you just have a bad download. I downladed from the web page and it displays fine on Adobe reader and OSX preview.

Suggest you try your manual with the demo version of your reader component for XE8 and see if there is a problem when zoomng in.

Regards

Dave

We are unable to reproduce a white box as seen in the screenshot with the manual of mcl, when zooming in the PDF is shown correctly. Could you perhaps take a screenshot identifying the issue?

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

How are you zooming in as I don't see any code in the supplied demo to do it - the label says right click but my MAC only has one mouse buton and I don't see any menu on the demo form.

I added 2 more buttons with the following code and I see the problem when clicking zoomin with the sample Paris shopping book:
procedure TForm1087.TMSFMXNativeNSButton4Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  TMSFMXNativePDFView1.ZoomIn;
  UpdateButtons;
end;
procedure TForm1087.TMSFMXNativeNSButton5Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  TMSFMXNativePDFView1.ZoomOut;
  UpdateButtons;
end;

Hi, 

Yes, I have also tested this with the ZoomIn functionality, but in the screenshot we have replaced this in the next button OnClick event handler for testing purposes.

Right-click zoom in or zoom in programmatically shouldn't make any difference.
Can you send us a screenshot identifying the issue?

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Top image shows large white band at top - it scrolls up but slower than the scrolling of the document.
Bottom image is the normal unzoomed image.

Mac is running Yosemite. PC running XE8 with trial TMS modified to add zoom buttons. SDK from MAC 10.9.5

images at www.dpsoftware.com/tms

It could be possible that this is a sideeffect of the trial label. We have retested this here with and without trial message but are still not able to reproduce this. We will further investigate this here.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Feel free to email a mac pkg file of your trial if you want me to test if its the execution or the generation thats the problem. Might resolve itself anyway with the xe10 release. Do you want a pkg of my test ?

It could be possible that this is a MAC Specific issue as the components are  wrappers around native components. The demo might behave correctly on our machine, but incorrectly on your machine. Can you try with the following code in the form constructor to see if that fixes the issue or sheds a light on the issue:

TMSFMXNativePDFView1.PDFView.setWantsLayer(True);

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Adding that line to constructor has no effect. Also get the same result on my Macbook Pro - although they both run Yosemite.

Hi, 

It seems to be an OSX specific issue as we are also able to reproduce this here on Yosemite but not on Mavericks. Are you running the latest version of Yosemite? Do you have access to an earlier version of OSX for testing purposes?

We have also found similar issues regarding the PDFView in native Mac applications as well, so the issue is not related to Delphi. We will further investigate this here.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Reports 10.10.5 with no updates available.

I was forced to upgrade my Lion system to Yosemite in order to update parallels so don't currently have another version of OSX. Would not be able to use anything that didn't run on Yosemite though as many customers will be using it.  If it can't be worked around in the component then I will need to do it another way.

We have further investigated this here on OSX 10.10.5 and are able to reproduce this, but it's still unclear why this doesn't happen and on earlier versions with the same code base. It seems to me that this is a OSX specific issue and it needs to be sorted out in an XCode project. We will further investigate this here and see if we can workaround this issue.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter