Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

TAdvChartLink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rohlf F. James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rohlf F. James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAdvChartLink
    Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 5:11am
The documentation mentions this component to link a string grid to a chart. I have both the AdvStringGrids and AdvCharts installed but I cannot find the TAdvChartLink component. Where can I find it?
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 8:07am
TAdvChartLink is not automatically installed as TAdvChartLink requires that both TAdvStringGrid and TMS Advanced Charts are on the system which isn't always the case. If you have both, you can install it by adding AdvChartLink.pas from TAdvStringGrid source folder in a new package and install this package in the IDE.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rohlf F. James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 2:26pm
Thanks but I do not see that file in the TMS Grid Pack folder but I do find a file with that name in the AdvChart RSXE8 folder. Is that the correct file? It seems to work.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 9:10pm
AdvChartLink.pas in TMS Advanced Charts distribution is OK.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rohlf F. James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 2:03am
thanks!
Jaschke Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaschke Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
I'd like to use TAdvChartLink too.
It seems, that file is now ChartLink. But if I compile, "Series", "TEEngine" are missing. How I can get these files?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 5:08pm
AdvChartLink.pas is for automatic binding of our TMS Advanced Charts component with TAdvStringGrid. So, please use AdvChartLink.pas ChartLink.pas is for binding to TeeChart but since we have our own chart component, we do not support ChartLink.pas anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaschke Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:35pm
Thank you for reply.
Sorry, but I don't understand this.
I'd like to combine a TAdvStringGrid and a Chartview, same as

Example 75 : Automatically connect TAdvStringGrid to TAdvChartView with TAdvChartLink

How can I get this done?

TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:39pm
AdvChartLink.pas is included in the TMS Component Pack source distribution.
It isn't installed in the IDE by default as we cannot assume that everyone has both TMS Component Pack and TMS Advanced Charts. So, create a new package, add AdvChartLink.pas to this new package and compile & install this package in the IDE.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaschke Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
Thank you,
now I got managed to run this example.
 Post Reply Post Reply