Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

VCL HTMLEditor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johnston Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Johnston Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VCL HTMLEditor
    Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:51pm
Hi,

Are there any plans to convert the .NET HTMLEditor component to VCL?
A true native HTML editor that preserves all formatting would be ideal. I'm currently stuck with using ProfDHTMLEdit but it hasn't been supported for years and I'm struggling to hack the source (which I have) to work with newer versions of IE and Windows.

Regards
Adam
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:56pm
Closest we have to this is TAdvRichEditor
http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advricheditor.asp that can also read & write HTML files (limited HTML feature set though)
This is a fully native implementation that does not depend on installed IE engines.
Johnston Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Johnston Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 5:06pm
Yes, I am aware of that component but I need to fully preserve HTML including CSS, inline styling, <head> <body> tags etc. How hard is it to port the .NET component to VCL?

Regards
Adam
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 5:21pm
Handling full CSS is currently not within the scope of TAdvRichEditor.
Porting an ASP.NET based editor to VCL is a non-trivial exercise. We are also not eager to implement a solution based on an ActiveX IE as that makes it completely dependent on the specific version installed on the operating system and the direction Microsoft is going with this.
 Post Reply Post Reply