Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Script for PostgreSQL does not work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ronald Janse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ronald Janse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script for PostgreSQL does not work
    Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:38am
I can't generate a working script for PostgreSQL from the Datamodeller.
Normally I only work with Aurelius. I work with the datamodeller, then create a .pas file for Aurelius and I let Aurelius create the tables in the database. But that does not work for indexes. Aurelius does not create any index I declared in the datamodeller.
I then decided to generate a script with the datamodeller, but PostgreSQL won't run that script. It does not recognise the statement 'GENERATOR':

[WARNING  ] CREATE GENERATOR itemehl_itemehlid_seq
            ERROR:  syntax error at or near "GENERATOR"
            LINE 1: CREATE GENERATOR itemehl_itemehlid_seq
                           ^
What can I do to generate a working script? I work with PostgreSQL 9.3 and the latest versions of the Datamodeller and Aurelius.
Ronald Janse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ronald Janse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:56am
I found out that the datamodel thinks it's a Firebirddatabase. I also found out how to convert it to PostgreSQL. So no problem there anymore. I would have deleted this topic if possible.
The only thing I don't get is: why doesn't Aurelius generate the indexes?
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:46pm
Thank you for the feedback. Yes, unfortunately Aurelius doesn't generate indexes, only unique keys.
 Post Reply Post Reply