Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Download of huge file / GDrive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baecker Gernot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baecker Gernot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Download of huge file / GDrive
    Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 11:35am
Hello,

I tried to download a large database file (>400 MB) with the CloudStorageDemo from GDrive. Unfortunately I get either an Access Violation or an EOutOfMemory Error. Is there a limitation for download size? Any information would be helpful as I need to implement this for another program where I need to be able to download files of that size.

Another question: will you move to the new Webbrowser component in XE8 rather than using the Chromium package?

Kind regards
Gernot

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baecker Gernot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 11:53am
Any idea would be appreciated
Gernot
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 12:00pm
1) On what platform do you perform this download?
There shouldn't be an issue with files of >400MB, at least not on Windows when there is sufficient memory & disk space.
2) The first evaluation of the new XE8 webbrowser on Windows reveals that it has shortcomings to be used for authentication & authorization for our cloud components. It is yet to be determined if we can descend from it and still make it work with extensions we add.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baecker Gernot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 3:29pm
I tried on windows in a VM with 4 GB memory. I know that Google has a dialog for large files because of its virus scan - maybe this is interfering?
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 10:08am
Is this memory error / access violation happening immediately or after a while?
Did you try it with our CloudStorage demo app and is it happening with our demo too?
If a problem persists, can you enable logging on the component and send the log file by email so we can inspect?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baecker Gernot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 8:07am
1) OutofMemory occurs after a while
2) I use your demo app
3) I will send you the log file
 Post Reply Post Reply