Download of huge file / GDrive

Hello,

I tried to download a large database file (>400 MB) with the CloudStorageDemo from GDrive. Unfortunately I get either an Access Violation or an EOutOfMemory Error. Is there a limitation for download size? Any information would be helpful as I need to implement this for another program where I need to be able to download files of that size.

Another question: will you move to the new Webbrowser component in XE8 rather than using the Chromium package?

Kind regards
Gernot

Any idea would be appreciated

Gernot
  1. On what platform do you perform this download?
    There shouldn't be an issue with files of >400MB, at least not on Windows when there is sufficient memory & disk space.
    2) The first evaluation of the new XE8 webbrowser on Windows reveals that it has shortcomings to be used for authentication & authorization for our cloud components. It is yet to be determined if we can descend from it and still make it work with extensions we add.

I tried on windows in a VM with 4 GB memory. I know that Google has a dialog for large files because of its virus scan - maybe this is interfering?

Is this memory error / access violation happening immediately or after a while?

Did you try it with our CloudStorage demo app and is it happening with our demo too?
If a problem persists, can you enable logging on the component and send the log file by email so we can inspect?
  1. OutofMemory occurs after a while
    2) I use your demo app
    3) I will send you the log file