SHDocV as alternative instead of ChromiumFMX

Hi,

i patched the TTMSFMXWinWebOSMapsWebBrowser class in order to use either ChromiumFMX or the native TWebbrowser Component. The changes where luckily extremely minimalistic and it runs like charmé. Is it possible that these changes would went into the officicial build? I did not changed that much code. To be more specific i just added an additional ifdef to do so.

The only problem i figured out is that sometimes i receive jsevents like: 'jsevent://click:lat=48.864460749028986/#lng=2.341675540039007#x=0#y=0'
 which raises an exception caused by the "/"-character at the lat variable.

Christian

Do you get the exception when using ChromiumFMX or web using TWebBrowser? 

This happens in TWebbrowser only. I filtered this by using a simple Stringreplacing. 

So far it works fine and you dont need the chromium overhead and runtimes at all.

Hi, 

We will investigate here what is possible.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Thanks, but it is not that important - unless you plan to offer the ability to use the IE Webbrowser as alternative to chrome. 

Christian

Well, we need to investigate multiple solutions, until we find a way to provide a webbrowser without the need for the user to take additional steps to make it work.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Technically "all" you have to do create a IWebBrowser2 interface and create a instance via:

CoCreateInstance(CLSID_InternetExplorer, nil, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,
    IID_IWebBrowser2, FWebBrowser);

The tricky part is to handle the messages resp. the window. To keep it simple (for my needs) i just use the VCL TWebrowser instead. Not the best way, but its working :)

Regards
Christian

Thank you for the tip, we will investigate this here. It's still unclear how we can support VCL (Windows) in a package that targets multiple platforms.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter