Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Conditional formats in xlsx files

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Adrian Gallero View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Gallero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:03pm
Sorry, I can't see the images. Can you repost them?
Ok, I got the images by email, thanks.

Creating the conditional formats with Excel or FlexCel shouldn't change anything: In fact to create the code I sent above I originally did it with a file I created in Excel, then converted with APIMate to code so I wouldn't have to attach a file.

But it should work the same with a file created in Excel. You can get a simple example of a file created with the settings in your screenshot here:
http://www.tmssoftware.biz/flexcel/samples/cf_propagation.zip

And you will see that only values that are different from the same value in column C are highlighted.
Maybe the confusion comes from the fact that Excel always displays the formula as "<>C1"?:

If that is the issue, it is just that when using relative references (without $) Excel shows the top-left cell, but it applies to the cell where it is at. So the relative reference "C1" applied in A4,means "C4". There is no really other way to show it, Excel wouldn't be able to show =C1, =C2, =C3... in that dialo when you show the rule. but if the reference is relative, it will be applied relative to the cell.

Here there is a little difference between Excel and FlexCel: We always consider the top at A1, so to enter a cell that is 2 columns to the left and in the same row you would enter C1.  In Excel it uses the top-left cell of the range, which in this case is also A1, but if it was say B5, then for 2 columns to the left you would enter D5. This is all in how you enter the formulas, we believe that a fixed origin at A1 is the easiest. But the result of course is the same, only that you would enter the formula "=C1" in FlexCel, and it would show as =D5 in Excel if the top left is B5.
pdv-software GmbH Firma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pdv-software GmbH Firma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:40am
It was indeed a display problem. In every row the condition was true, so the format has always been applied and the Excel dialog always showed the reference to C1. That are the reasons I thought the conditional formats references were not updated. But everything is working. Sorry for causing this  effort und thank you again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12