Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Updating database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Logmans Hugo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Logmans Hugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating database
    Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:15am
Hi,

this program looks exactly what I need, but ...

(we used Apex SqlDiff before)

some feature is miss is updating or comparing the schema to a database link. When developing you constantly need to make adjustments to the schema, and the the versioning tool gets rapidly out of date...

And because you can import a database scheme from an existing database, and you can compare versions, it might be the easiest solution toimport a version into the project versions tool. This way you can easily create a new update-script for the database. It would be super if there would be a 'sync connection' option.

And a tip: scan all dfm's for outdated fonts :)

Best regards,

Hugo Logmans
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:59pm
We have just added this feature to our todo list. We will release a new Data Modeler version very soon, maybe it will not be included in that release, but for sure will be included in the one after that.
I'm talking about a feature "import into current model", which will allow you to perform reverse engineering in a database and update the current model with the imported schema. 

About the request to scan dfm's for outdated fonts, I'm not sure I did understand it? Can you clarify?

Logmans Hugo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Logmans Hugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:16am
About the dfm's: some labels have a times new roman font, the rest has cleartype fonts:
- table properties, tab fields: 'Field name' and 'Caption'
- table properties, tab indexes: 'Index name'
- table properties, tab triggers: 'Trigger name'
- Domains-windows contains lots of non-cleartype texts
- Manage project versions ...
etc.

Best regards,

Hugo Logmans

Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:48am
Got it. Thanks for the feedback, will revise.
 Post Reply Post Reply