Native components questions

Hello!

We have a full version of mCL. And have questions. What about:

1. changing (native) label color and style (bold, italic)?

2. controls' autosize property (for labels, checkboxes etc)?

3. got a tabview with few tabs. Put (native) components to the tabs with position.y=0. Run. Is it normal that the components have moved "outside" (at the tabs level) of tabview?

4. Put native tabview, create single tab, put a button (TMSFMXNativeNSButton1)on it, and write anywhere else:

TMSFMXNativeNSButton1.Position.X := TMSFMXNativeNSButton1.Position.X + 100

The button does not move.

The components are wrappers and expose a public property that gives access to the native control.

1) The text color can be set with
  TMSFMXNativeNSLabel1.lbl.setTextColor(AlphaColorToNSColor(TAlphaColorRec.Red));
 The style (bold, italic, ...) of the text will need to be set with the attribute string, this is currently not implemented, only the font size and name can be changed with the Font property TMSFMXNativeNSLabel1.Font.  

2) Autosizing is currently not implemented, this does not directly exist on native level and requires manual calculation of the text size, we will investigate here if we can add the calculation internally.
3) The tabview has different modes, the default mode adds a margin to it, the margin is not taken into account when positioning controls.
4) Can you call TMSFMXNativeNSButton1.UpdateFrame afterwards?

We have added the request to our feature request list.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Thank You!

Another one:

5. TTMSFMXNativeNSStepper.Enabled does not work.

Next one:

6. There is no property PasswordChar in TextField components. How can we hide users' passwords?

P.S. How can I edit my own (prev.) posts in the forum?

1. Can you try with TMSFMXNativeNSStepper.Stepper.setEnabled(false) ?
    6) This is not possible with the TextField component. This is available in a separate native control NSSecureTextField, but is currently not available.

You cannot edit your own posts for security reasons.

Kind Regards, 
    Pieter

Hello!

What about TTMSFMXNativeNSTabView disabling? TTMSFMXNativeNSTabView,Enabled:=False does not work as well.

NSTabView cannot be disabled, only the children inside can be disabled manually.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Hi,

The Text component doesn't appear to allow left and right key movement.  Also I can't tab from one field to another, is this expected functionality?

Andy

In the latest version, we have made improvements to support arrow keys. this is a bug in FireMonkey.

Which version are you using?

Kind Regards,
Pieter

Hi,

I'm XE4 and mCL 1.2.0.2.

Thanks

Sorry, in XE4 we were unable to fix this due to shortcomings in the FireMonkey framework, only in XE5 we have found a suitable workaround. This is an issue that has been reported to Embarcadero when XE5 was already released. We can only hope that Embarcadero fixes these issues in an update or in the next version of Rad Studio.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

I've upgraded to XE5 and I still have the problem.

Hi, 

Can you perhaps send us a sample that demonstrates this with a description of the issues that you encountered?

Kind Regards, 
Pieter