Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Create a dialog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shelton Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shelton Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create a dialog
    Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:42am
How do you use more than one form?  When I try it seems to not work right.  I just use the standard:

Form1 := TForm1.Create(Application);
with Form1 do try
ShowModal;
finally
FreeAndNil(Form1);
end;

Thanks!
-Brent
Pieter Scheldeman View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:03am
Hi, 

We are unable to reproduce this here, The new form opens without issue 
can you send us a sample?
Kind Regards, 

Pieter

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shelton Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:19pm
Thanks for the fast response.

I created a new project and it works fine now.  I am using XE5.  The problem project had a Tableview and maybe that was interfering.  I will probably use XE4 because I see that there are some issues.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:38am
Hi, 

There are some issues regarding creation of new forms and the TableView repainting. We have forwarded some questions about this and other issues to Embarcadero, but haven't received a response. 

If you are using mCL stick with XE4 for now.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shelton Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 11:27pm
When I create a dialog using the code above it works correctly the first time.  The next time, the dialog opens but it reacts very slowly.  What is the proper code to create dialogs and release them?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 2:58am
Hi, 

Do you mean an empty form, or a form with mCL controls inside? If you are able to reproduce this with an empty form then this would be an issue in FireMonkey rather than an issue with our components.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shelton Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 12:07pm
It has controls like a textfield
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 2:47am
Hi, 

We have tested this here with a single TTMSFMXNativeNSTextField and are unable to reproduce this.

Kind Regards,
Pieter

Edited by Pieter Scheldeman - 25 Nov 2013 at 2:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply