Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Class hierarchies in documentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Keellings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graham Keellings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Class hierarchies in documentation
    Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 4:30am
Would it be possible to use something like DoxyGen to generate class hierarchies, with maybe some HTML generation?

For instance, with Web GMpas, TDirections has a collection of TRoute, each of  which has a collection of TLegs, each of  which has a collection of TLeg, , each of  which has a collection of TSteps,  each of  which has a collection of TStep, each of which has various attributes.

Actually, that example is just a matter of drilling down, but some others are more complex.

For me, a picture is always worth a thousand words and it would be nice if such documentation were generated automatically and presented visually.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 5:32am
I'm not familiar with doxygen.
We'll have a look at this.
Graham Keellings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graham Keellings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 7:47am
Thnak you *very* much.  I have been using DoxyGen or similar programs in commerical projects for 30+ years now and really recommend them. Nothing beats self-documenting code.

Even without any DoxyGen tags in the code it can still genrate a lot fo very useful information. In this case, I am particularly interested in the Class Diagram, but with good tag-comments it can do so much more.

Gexperts have a template function header and there are a few questions on stack overflow.

I am sure that this would really be of use to your customars and might avoid some of my stupid questions ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply