Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

XY Chart Not Showing Data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Larcombe Michael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larcombe Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XY Chart Not Showing Data
    Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:55pm
Hi there,

We are running IntraWeb version 14.0.13

I am trying to get a Scatter Chart like the one you have on the demo page below, when you press the XY Chart button:
http://www.tmssoftware.net/demos/iw/html5chart.dll/

However I can't get the chart to show any  data when I change the Serie Type to stXY.

I loaded up the demo project: TMSIWHTML5ChartConfigDemo.dproj
This project has a page that allows us to configure the chart options in real time, and see what effect the different options have on the chart.

On the page that is rendered when the project runs, there is a configuration panel for Series, and it has a drop menu to allow for the Chart Type to be changed.

All the following Serie Types: Area, Line, Bar, Stacked Area, Stacked Bar, work fine and show data in the chart.

However the Serie Type: XY doesn't show any data.  I tried changing all the other options to see if it made a difference, but I couldn't get the data to show for the Serie Type: XY 

What am I doing wrong here?

How do I get the Chart to show data the way it does on the demo page hosted on your site above?

Philippe Lucarz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Philippe Lucarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 12:33pm
I cannot see any problem. Drop a TTIWHTML5Chart on the form and add the code:

var
  cs: THTML5ChartSerie;
  ci: THTML5ChartSerieItem;
begin
  cs := TIWHTML5Chart1.Series.Add;
  cs.SerieType := stXY;

ci := cs.Items.Add;
  ci.Value := 10;
  ci.XValue := 2;

ci.Value := 9;
  ci.XValue := 4;

ci.Value := 7;
  ci.XValue := 6;
end;

and you should see an XY chart.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larcombe Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:44pm
Philippe,

Thanks for the response mate.  Unfortunately that is not the case here.

I did the following:
  1. Created a new project in Delphi 2010 using the IntraWeb Application Wizard
    1. Application Type: StandAlone Application
    2. Options: None

2. Dropped a TTIWHTML5Chart on the default Unit2

3. Edited Unit2.pas and added the following event handler to it:
    procedure TIWForm2.IWAppFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    var
      cs: THTML5ChartSerie;
      ci: THTML5ChartSerieItem;
    begin
      cs := TIWHTML5Chart1.Series.Add;
      cs.SerieType := stXY;

ci.Value := 10;
      ci.XValue := 2;

ci.Value := 9;
      ci.XValue := 4;

ci.Value := 7;
      ci.XValue := 6;
    end;

4. Ran the project, and launched it in the Chrome Browser using the Server dialogue.
The following is a screen shot of the output.  It has a loading animation, but never loads.
I put a break point in the IWAppFormCreate procedure to verify that the code that initializes the chart was being executed, and it does get hit, but I never get any data loaded into the chart, and the loading animation never disappears.

I have uploaded a zip of this sample project and you can check it out here:

Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 4:29am
Are you 100% sure you use the latest version of the components as I cannot reproduce this here.
Also, did you test this in another browser/other machine?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larcombe Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:59pm
< id="plugin0" ="application/x-dgnria" width="0" height="0" style=": ; : 1000">< name="tabId" value="56">

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larcombe Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 9:13pm
Bruno,
Thanks for the response.  Yes I got one of the other guys here to test the sample project I posted previously, on their machine, and they got the same result.  They have the same version of Delphi and Intraweb set-up, as I do:

Regards...

< id="plugin0" ="application/x-dgnria" width="0" height="0" style=": ; : 1000">< name="tabId" value="56">
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 3:13am
Sorry, it is unclear why this is not working for you while it works fine here.
Can you send your project by email?
Michael Larcombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michael Larcombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 4:22am
Hi Bruno,

We discovered that we had not downloaded the very latest version of the HTML 5 graphs. Sorry about that. We have now downloaded version 2.0.0.1 and recompiled everything. We are still not successful in generating XY graphs. You can download our test project from www.mistro.ag/Scott/TestHTML5Chart.zip. This file contains our source code as well as an executable compiled in Delphi 2010 using intra-web version 14.0.13.

The problem now is a JavaScript error which occurs in both chrome and Internet Explorer. If you run the executable at your end, you should be able to see this error.

Message: Unable to get property 'toFixed' of undefined or null reference
Line: 357
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://127.0.0.1:8888/$/js/TMSCHART__EC9933422.js

The demonstration chart configuration project in the latest update runs okay and does not generate any JavaScript errors when you select an XY Chart but there is no data appearing on the chart

Please let me know what you find. The only thing I can think of is that the HTML 5 units depend on some other TMS units which we may not have upgraded? We are waiting for your update to the script edition later this month. Could this be an issue?

Many thanks for your help

Mike

TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 4:47am
Did you read & respect the settings for DOCTYPE at page 9 of the developer guide
Michael Larcombe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michael Larcombe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 8:34pm
I had not done this as I understood that this was now the default setting in the intra-web 14.0.13. Following your suggestion, I incorporated this statement into our test program but this made no difference. I still get the same JavaScript error.

Thanks
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 3:35am
As I already informed, we cannot reproduce this.
Please contact us by email with a sample source project demonstrating the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply