Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Generators in FB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
William H Meyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generators in FB
    Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:43am
I know that I can write generators in DM, and I know that I am able to hand-code the appropriate reference into the attributes in the Delphi classes, but is there a way to get DM to put that attribute in place? Have I missed something in the GUI and in the manual? I really want to get to a place where DM is the only tool I use for managing the script and the classes, but right now, it looks as though I need to add the attributes for generators....

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 3:12pm
To clarify, I mean when I have DM build the classes for me....

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 7:04am
Alternately, how can I code the generator connection to the table, so I can handle it outside of the unit generated by DataModeler? My ultimate goal here is to keep the code DataModeler generates unmodified.
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:20am
You can't do that for now because Data Modeler can't automatically imply which is the correct sequence for the generator. We're working on that DM feature, we had more than one request for this.
We will add an option for you to manually select the generator for each class in DM user interface.

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 3:43pm
That's good news. I will watch for an update. ;)  Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply