Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

TAdvMetroTile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Josef Kokes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Josef Kokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAdvMetroTile
    Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 8:14am
Hi!

I am just getting acquainted with the Metro-style controls. Several enhancements come into mind almost immediately:

- Publish common VCL properties, e.g. Align, DragCursor, DragKind, DragMode, and events, e.g. OnContextPopup, OnDragDrop, OnDragOver, OnEndDrag, OnStartDrag, OnEndDock, OnStartDock.

- I was about to suggest to make TAdvMetroTile a descendant of TWinControl, but I notice that it already is. But it would be nice to convince the Delphi IDE to accept TAdvMetroTile as a parent for other controls, especially TLabel and TAdvMetroButton. (In Delphi XE2, even if I place a TButton inside the TAdvMetroTile, the IDE still makes TForm or TPanel the parent, not TAdvMetroTile.)

- If that is not feasible (e.g. Delphi IDE won't allow it, because it has the parentable controls hard-coded), perhaps adding a set of four published properties TopLeftLabel, TopRightLabel, BottomLeftLabel, BottomRightLabel: TCustomLabel would to the trick? If there were properties for icons, even better. I would like to have a tile "E-mail" which would show the number of unread e-mails in the top-right corner and the sender, subject and date of the newest unread e-mail in the bottom-left corner.

- An updated documentation would be nice. My version (something like a month old) completely omits TAdvMetroTile and a number of events from the other Metro components.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:40am
1) Properties you refer to will be added in the next update
2) In next update, you'll be able to use the tile as a container for other controls
Knowles Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Knowles Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 8:02am
Thats good news!
 Post Reply Post Reply