Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

creating relationship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
William H Meyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating relationship
    Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 8:35pm
Hello,

I have noticed that when I wish to create a relationship between two tables, I must make the index on the child Exclusive, and after I have created the relationship, I can then change it to non-exclusive, to get the 1-to-many characteristic.

I am using Data Modeler 1.9.0.2, and working on a FireBird DB.

Thanks,
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 9:05am
Hello,

you don't need to make an exclusive index on child table to create a relationship. Maybe you are creating an identity relationship? For 1-to-many, use non-identity relationships.

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 9:11am
No, these were non-identity relationships.
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 8:25am
There is no such restriction in Data Modeler? Can you clarify, provide steps to reproduce and/or screenshots?

Post Options Post Options   Quote William H Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 9:28am
I have sent a demo project with two tables. An explanation is in the e-mail.
 Post Reply Post Reply