Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Can't open xlsx file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jirasek Zavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jirasek Zavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't open xlsx file
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:45pm
Hello,

I am trying to open file 
XlsFile AExcel = new XlsFile(AFileName);
Exception is that Key is not in dictionary.

After opening file in Excel and resave all is ok.

Thanks for any suggestion
Adrian Gallero View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Gallero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:22pm
Hi,
The file is wrong: it says it contains a file inside, and the file doesn't exist. When you open it in Excel it ignores the error and when you save it back it saves a correct file.

I'll see if we can add a workaround for this, but this is in the limit of what is a "corrupt" file and I am not sure it shouldn't be reported that the file is wrong. (as we currently do). And I am afraid that silently ignoring this could cause data loss in some cases where there has been actual corruption of the file.

I'll check it out and see if there is a way to fix this while still marking corrupt files as corrupt. I'll let you know.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jirasek Zavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:18pm
Thank you very much I will waiting.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Gallero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:28pm
We've fixed it here. FlexCel 7.5 (to be released this week) will be able to open this file without issues.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jirasek Zavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:48pm
Thank you very very much.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Gallero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:39pm
Just to let you know FlexCel 7.5 was just released and it should fix this.
 Post Reply Post Reply